cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to Wifi in London Underground

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started to have problems connecting to the underground with my device since last week. This has been working for many years now but not sure what happened. I have the same phone number but changed phones to an iphone 7 plus about 3 months ago, but even back then everything was working fine.

I called the O2 gurus and they told me was  problem with the device I registered for O2 was not the phone I have now, so they deleted my account and asked me to re register with O2 Wifi first and then go to the Underground and log in again (wait 24 hrs).

Have done all that and now I am able to connect automatically in some stations without any problems, but in a large number of stations, whenever I connect it keeps asking me to register my phone, so I have enter my phone all the time and register again.  So not sure what has happened since last week, and also it is unclear why it works fine in some stations and not in others.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ask O2 to delete your wifi account wait 24 hours then re register with O2 wifi and then with London Underground wifi again

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try this fix https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-conn...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried this several times but still get the screen to enter my phone all the time, now it is happening in stations that i previously was not having to do this.

I may need to call the O2 gurus again.  I think there is some link to the old phone MAC and the registration with the service.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, probably best thing to do.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

Just wondering if you got this problem solved? I'm having the same problem 😞

Thanks

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No they suggested for me to do the same thing again. So trying that tomorrow
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like it has worked this time. So I suggest you give them a call
Message 7 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Looks like it has worked this time. So I suggest you give them a call

Hey @Anonymous Awesome that it is working now! slight_smile May I ask what the solution was? In case others have the same issue in the future. Cheers slight_smile

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ask O2 to delete your wifi account wait 24 hours then re register with O2 wifi and then with London Underground wifi again
Message 9 of 9