Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number to EE (Pay As You Go)

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Last Thursday, my wife's O2 Pay As You Go mobile number, was ported from O2 to EE. The process was initiated using EE's online form - entering temporary mobile number (on new sim card) , PAC code, and the number she wanted to keep (her number from O2), and then submitting the form.

The process completed on Friday and she then had her O2 number, ported over to EE. This is where ALL the problems began.......

Issue 1 Since her number was ported from O2 (end of last week), iMessage has stopped working on her iPhone 6 (was working fine on O2).  After speaking with Apple Support last week - no amount of trouble shooting could solve this.  The service constantly just shows "Waiting for Activation" - it NEVER activates.

Issue 2: Since Monday morning, my wife's number has dropped off the EE network - she is able to make outgoing calls, but can no longer receive Incoming calls. The caller gets an automated message stating "This number is no longer in service".  She can also NOT recieve any text messages either.

I know I should be contacting EE about this and I have, trust me - the process is ongoing.

HOWEVER, EE, who have since contacted their Porting Team, to find out why the number is not working properly, now think that the issue stems from the Porting Team at O2. They are under the impression (as everything on the EE porting side looks fine) that something has not come across from the Porting Team at O2 (i.e. files or whatever else is associated to a phone number - hence the reason why iMessage fails to activate on EE but was working fine on O2).

I have been in contact with Second Line Support at EE who have advised that they have now contacted O2, ino order to try and find out if there was, and still is, indeed an error, when the phone number was released from O2.......

My question here is - is there any way anybody here at O2 (via a PM), can contact me in order for them to check the number and see if it was released properly, instead of me having to wait for a response from Second Line Support at EE who are in turn, waiting for a response from O2 first, before they can respond to me???

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@marcivic wrote:
What did Toby do?

Walks on water......

LOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 71

Lesley_1719
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Toby,

my situation is very similar to this thread.  I had two numbers ported over from O2 (my contract number and my wife's PAYG number) to BT/EE.  Mine has worked fine, but my wife has issues with iMessage and FaceTime activation as well as not being able to send or receive International sms messages.

We went through the same process with Apple resulting in a complete reset and recovery of her iPhone.  During the investigation with Apple I mentioned that my wife could not verify her WhatsApp account or Santander Mobile banking app because she could not receive the verification code sent by sms  -  Apple were sending from a server in China. WhatsApp were sending out of Dublin and Santander were sending out of Madrid.  The conclusion reached was that O2 had not sent across all the porting files and specificallt did not send the file assoiciated with International sms.  BT/EE are chasing O2 but are struggling to get any action from them.

What action did you take to resolve for Dino?

Many thanks in advance.

Message 62 of 71

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Toby is no longer here full time @Lesley_1719 

So I'll tag @EmilieT for you instead (although Toby may pop back now he's had a mention ;))

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 63 of 71

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5! wink

@Lesley_1719 I'll gladly get someone on my end to look into this one for you slight_smile I'll need a few more details first, so will send you a Private Message shortly!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 64 of 71

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

So I'll tag @EmilieT for you instead (although Toby may pop back now he's had a mention ;))

Pop back I did! slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 65 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you doing @Toby

I fondly remember you welcoming me onto the O2 Community Forum

You were kind and patient with me wink

You asked if I belonged to any other forums ... att ... I answered honestly = The Bi-Polar one ... oh how I have laughted later on ... much later on smiling LOL Destroy

Hope you are going Onwards and Upwards 

Message 66 of 71

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Lovely to see you posting @Toby. As you see all the usual suspects are still plodding on innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 71

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Good to see you again mate wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 68 of 71

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Aw its lovely to see you all here! I do miss this place. I'll try and be a bit more active in off-topic ;).
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 69 of 71

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Aw its lovely to see you all here! I do miss this place. I'll try and be a bit more active in off-topic ;).

Plenty of stuff in Off Topic @Toby wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 71