cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 wifi calling problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had wifi calling put on my Iphone6 plus yesterday because of non existent home reception indoors.  Seemed ok after some installation probs but Guru finally got me there.  However I went out today and finally noticed, as my  phone was quiet,  that there no service reception on my phone in the house which explained things.  Jigged about switching WiFi calling on this phone on and off a couple of times and got back Wifi calling, but hey I shouldn't have to keep checking my phone evry time I come in and out of areas, particularly my home, to see whether I have a service or not.  What can I do pl? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@gmarkj There was no known issue around this that we were looking into, so no updates I'm afraid confused 

@FraserWood Did you give all the suggestions above a try? If you look at the previous replies there are a few things you can check that might help!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 12

Spitfire400
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey folks,

I have been looking for a while for a post relating to this issue, mainly Apple discussion forums & Google searches. I don't understand why o2 seem to think there is none. I have an iPhone XS Max, also my wife, both are o2 branded devices, and both suffer from dropped calls inbound & outbound when at home. Nothing to do with the WiFi at home, and certainly by the looks of it, nothing to do with the signal strength. Whether WiFi calls are enabled or not, with 3 out of the full 4 bars of mobile signal showing, calls just drop. And yet, o2 say it is device related, Apple say check with your carrier. No known faults, nor any maintenance at the postcodes where this is happening, including home. 

Is it the phone, is it the device, is it iOS 12.1.3, is it the WiFi, quite frankly I don't think it is any of these, I feel all the troubleshooting we have done here so far points towards the o2 network.

Good luck to anyone who has done the multiple restores via iTunes, the resetting network settings, and reset all settings, as well as sim swapping, wifi rebooting, and mesh network reset & setup steps like we have, only to continue getting dropped calls.

Message 12 of 12