Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Whatsapp not working whilst roaming in Europe

Hey guys, for the past week or so my whatsapp isn't connecting to the network whilst on data roaming with 3G connection in European countries. It works fine in the UK however doesn't connect in Europe and I've tried in 4 different countries so far. I haven't re-installed it yet as I have so much data on there to back up first. Any ideas? All other apps work fine whilst using roaming. Thanks

Topics: 124
Kudos: 176
Solutions: 44

Re: Whatsapp not working whilst roaming in Europe

odd, you don't need to reset your full phone, just try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Perhaps an update is needed, check the store. What handset are you using?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Topics: 544
Solutions: 3,363

Has the app asked you to verify your number? Have you had any notifications at all?

Anonymous

I'm using an iPhone 6. Checked the App Store and no updates. Looks like it's a whatsapp problem though maybe. I will reinstall it as a last option. Loads of data on the app to back up first, that's why. It stopped working in Spain last week, and hasn't worked in Spain, Germany or Belgium in the past few days. Works fine in the UK on mobile data, just not abroad though. Thanks guys

Topics: 528
Solutions: 10,872

Have you got EU data turned on?
Turn it off if you don't have a specific EU data package.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

It's off at the moment. Tried it both ways already however my default setting has always been off and worked fine the past 5 years. So annoying as it's just whatsapp which isn't working whilst roaming right now. Thanks for the help

If everything else is working it must be the app then. You can back up all your convo's in the app settings then delete the app, reboot and reinstall it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

Yeah think that's the only solution left. I think there's a few people in the same situation. Thanks for the help guys

Let us know if it works......

Currently using:
Anonymous

I have the same issue in Spain. Keep up posted if you find a solution