Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi & 4G Calling

Agent47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have followed the instructions on the O2 website in how to enable Wifi and 4G Calling on my settings on my iPhone 6s, but it does not work. My OS and Carrier settings are all up to date as per criteria.

The online chat helpline, customer services and O2 rep in-store have confirmed from my O2 account that I am set up for Wifi and 4G calling. I have also double checked this aswell on my O2 account online and my O2 app and it does state that I am wifi & 4g enabled.

However, when I go to settings > mobile data > mobile data options > enable 4g and click on ‘voice & data’ it states, “Cannot Activate 4G Calls – to enable 4g calls on this account, contact O2

Likewise, when I go to settings > phone > wifi calling and try to switch on ‘wifi calling on this iphone’ it states, ‘enable wifi calling?’ So, I click on ‘enable’ and it states, “to allow wifi calling on this account, contact O2

The O2 rep in-store just passed me on to telephone customer services and the woman just said, 'reset your network settings'.

I am hesitant to do this as I need to know firstly, is this going to solve the issue (does she know what she is talking about i.e. she initially told me that iphone 6s doesn't support wifi & 4g calling !!!) and secondly, it resets everything to factory settings!

I don't know how this would implicate on my phone, I know wifi pw are reset but what about other stuff etc???

Please assist, many thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm WiFi and 4G Calling started working for me today with no notification. Carrier settings O2 28.5.8.

It would seem to me that when enabling the feature through My O2, it takes longes than the advertised 24h to get enabled. In the end though, it works. 

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's quite possibly the case.
Glad you're sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Agent47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5 and Co.,

Update:

I had to raise an 'official complaint' procedure, but to cut along stories short, O2 have now done something behind the scenes.  I had to turn my phone off and then on and now the 4G (Voice & Call Data) and WiFi Calling are enabled where I can now choose to activate them or not.

O2 did apologise via email/letter.

Many thanks

Regards.

Message 13 of 13