Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

CVI
Level 1: Joiner

Re: No service abroad

There is no roaming bar for sure. It worked abroad before no problem although last summer we had a problem with it and o2 told me he needed a new sim which we got when we got back home and as he hasn't been abroad since we didn't click that the problem wasn't solved. He has tried selecting manually but doesn't work. He can use wifi no problem so it's a network issue not a phone issue
Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,382

@CVI wrote:
There is no roaming bar for sure. It worked abroad before no problem although last summer we had a problem with it and o2 told me he needed a new sim which we got when we got back home and as he hasn't been abroad since we didn't click that the problem wasn't solved. He has tried selecting manually but doesn't work. He can use wifi no problem so it's a network issue not a phone issue

What makes you sure there's no bar?

If it didn't work last summer and it's not working now, surely that must be a consideration?

It may well have worked previously but if the account was changed or upgraded, all services may not have carried across.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 12: Nimble

I had an identical issue in France last year that took 3 attmepts to solve. I too was told by C.S the same things you have been told. 

Turned out that it had nothing to do with my Data bolt on but was due to a deeply embedded international call bar that should have been turned off and never was. Apparently there are 2 international bars. The first is the roaming bar that allows for data and call roaming. The second is the intenrational number call bar and that is likley the one that needs to be removed. I was told by a helpful C.S agent last year that the bar is there by default and should be removed when when you travel abroad. Sometimes it isn't.

Best course of action is to get back on the C.S and ask them to remove ALL international call bars. This should sort it for you

Community Manager

Hi @CVI, please do let us know how you're getting on with this. Have you made any progress since you last posted?

Thanks all @Cleoriff@MI5 and @jezza1234 for your help with this so far guys and trying to troubleshoot! thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

So - I have the same problem despite calling ahead last week to make sure I can use my phone abroad. Changed the SIM, reset to manual etc. Convinced there is a network bar but banging my head against a brick wall.

Help..

There are 2 levels of network barring for international calls so customer service need to check both bars are off.
@EmilieT if required to assist further........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

I bought the phone through Carphone Warehouse who have just told me that all O2 phones bought through them have International numbers/ roaming automatically barred. Looks like O2 Guru don't know this....

Probably not.....

Currently using:
Topics: 685

@SteveD wrote:

I bought the phone through Carphone Warehouse who have just told me that all O2 phones bought through them have International numbers/ roaming automatically barred. Looks like O2 Guru don't know this....

That's untrue @SteveD

I bought my grandsons phone from CPW on O2 network (in July) He was in Portugal in August and had no roaming bars on his account.

He experienced no issues whatsoever....

*The Game Is On*

Well clearly either Carphone Warehouse or O2 are wrong. I have spent the best part of 3 hours today trying to get some sense from O2 and being completly messed about......FML