cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 4G after ios9 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have an iPhone 5S and last night did the update to ios9.  All went ok, phone worked well on home wifi, thought no more of it.

Went out this morning and realised I had no cellular connectivity.  I could make calls, and send texts, but when I tried to go on Facebook, send/receive emails, go on Safari etc it said I had no connectivity

I thought , "Ah, I know how to rectify this" and texted ACTIVE to 2020 , and received an immediate message back saying "We have had problems with your request for settings, please call us on 4445" .  So I did this, and the lady said she'd done something their end, I should restart my phone and all would be fine.

I did this and yes, I now have connectivity.  But only 3G.  Not 4G.  I called again to be told they have been having problems with the mast in my area of late , and coverage will come and go.  Now, I've always had 4G in this area, it was working fine yesterday, and now it's not.  I don't believe it's the mast.  I think it's something to do with the ios update changing settings.

Any ideas of what I can do please?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry but visual voicemail will not work with an APN of mobile.o2.co.uk.....you need idata bolt on and idata.o2.co.uk if contract or payandgo.o2.co.uk if P&G.

Message 21 of 56

nkcx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In my case, the root looks like missing bolt on specific for iPhone, even tho I have had many an iPhone for ages and not had any problems previously (even changing tariffs) until ios9 update came along.
Re: the APN details, those were the ones given to me by a "Guru" over the phone - no-one's perfect.

My (missing) bolt on goes live tonight so we shall see if all is well tomorrow.
Message 22 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. 

I had the same problem - those settings fixed it.

I'm on iPhone 5 (so it'll never be 4G), but the 3G had broken after my update to IOS 9 yesterday.

And the Visual Voicemail does seem to work too now.

------

"Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network

Mobile APN = mobile.o2.co.uk (was idata)

Visual Voicemail = mobile.o2.co.uk

MMS = WAP.o2.co.uk

u/n and password stay the same (vertigo/******)

Message 23 of 56

nkcx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No worries
Message 24 of 56

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Changing the idata settings to mobile fixed mobile data for me - it wasn't working at all though I've also just changed to sim only contract from a refresh one.

Yet to see if it's fixed 4G as I live in a 3G area but will see when I go to work tomorrow.
Message 25 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you are having to use mobile.o2.co.uk it means you don't have the iData bolt on provisioned on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 56

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It should be as been using my 5s for months now - unless it's lost that provisioning when changing my contract to sim only? I tried texting 2020 but got back an error message, resetting network settings didn't work either.

I'll see tomorrow if I have 4G on my journey to work and let you all know how it goes.
Message 27 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sammy_boy wrote:
It should be as been using my 5s for months now - unless it's lost that provisioning when changing my contract to sim only? I tried texting 2020 but got back an error message, resetting network settings didn't work either.

I'll see tomorrow if I have 4G on my journey to work and let you all know how it goes.

Thanks @Sammy_boy It would help if you let us know...Quite a few today and yesterday reporting this 4G problem after this update...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there. i had same problem after ios 9 update, no data working at all. took my iphone 5s into o2 shop today and the guy changed Mobile APN = mobile.o2.co.uk (was idata) now all working and can confirm 4g to be working aswell

Message 29 of 56

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I got a new sim this morning after swapping to a sim only contract - tried that (after doing the sim swap) - still no data working using the idata settings - it would show 3G and a signal but apps would just say there was no internet connection. Sending active to 2020 on this sim again returned an error text from O2.
However, after changing the APN to mobile from idata as suggested above, data is again working - including 4G so far.
Message 30 of 56