cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 4G after ios9 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have an iPhone 5S and last night did the update to ios9.  All went ok, phone worked well on home wifi, thought no more of it.

Went out this morning and realised I had no cellular connectivity.  I could make calls, and send texts, but when I tried to go on Facebook, send/receive emails, go on Safari etc it said I had no connectivity

I thought , "Ah, I know how to rectify this" and texted ACTIVE to 2020 , and received an immediate message back saying "We have had problems with your request for settings, please call us on 4445" .  So I did this, and the lady said she'd done something their end, I should restart my phone and all would be fine.

I did this and yes, I now have connectivity.  But only 3G.  Not 4G.  I called again to be told they have been having problems with the mast in my area of late , and coverage will come and go.  Now, I've always had 4G in this area, it was working fine yesterday, and now it's not.  I don't believe it's the mast.  I think it's something to do with the ios update changing settings.

Any ideas of what I can do please?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
That's what we thought.
You must have been on a standard data tariff previously without realising.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I must have been. Thanks for the advice, glad I double checked now 😀

Message 52 of 56

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Think I'll pop into an O2 store tomorrow and see if idata is still provisioned on my account - it was but wonder if the switch to a sim only deal has messed something up.
Message 53 of 56

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Look in the allowances section of your my o2 and if it says this

"Key features UK data allowance of xGB per month to use on your iPhone" you are on idata.
If it doesn't say iphone, you're not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 56

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It was the provisioning on my account - went to the O2 store, looked like it had lost the idata setup on my account. The guru reset it, said it should be live from midnight but seemed to work fine on idata shortly after! Not tried 4g yet but 3G working fine now! slight_smile you were right MI5, cheers for your help slight_smile
Message 55 of 56

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Glad you're sorted mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 56 of 56