Did you mean: 

Intermittent Tethering.

vedekj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guy's,

I seem to be having a bit of bother with tethering my iphone 7 with my PC. I can setup the hotspot fine, and when i connect to the phone it comes up connected but no internet, After i make a phone there's a blue bar and it seems to connect to the internet. If i disconnect it then i can't for the life of me get it to reconnect.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Have you rebooted your PC?
Sounds like it could also be a wifi driver issue on your PC so check for any updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it work if you tether to another Apple device or MacBook? If so it will probably be something that Apple have decided needs to be transmitted with the hotspot wifi signal to make their ecosystem devices connect better.... 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another route would be to get a 2nd hand portable lte router with ethermet and put the SIM into that. laptops and PC's much preferred being hooked up to routers either wired or wirelessly. It will eat your data tho however you do it.

Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @vedekj slight_smile Let us know how you're getting on with tethering you iPhone 7 with you PC and if the advice above helped!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5