cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with My O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought an iPhone 6 the other day, swapping from Orange to O2 and I was told my old number will be ported/transferred by 6PM on the 31st of October, and I had a phonecall and text to tell me it was done. I can't tell if it has worked but in the phone tab of settings on the phone it still has the temporary number and I also can't access the My O2 app, it gives me this message: Failed to get user identity, possibly due to unlinking of MSISDN from account (Code 36). The app worked perfectly fine before the number was transferred over, any suggestions? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Try turning the phone off and on. If the number hasn't ported, it won't happen now until Monday. Ports aren't done at the weekend. There have been problems in the past with people trying to port from Orange. Please come back and let us know how you've gotten on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Try turning the phone off and on. If the number hasn't ported, it won't happen now until Monday. Ports aren't done at the weekend. There have been problems in the past with people trying to port from Orange. Please come back and let us know how you've gotten on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Id also suggest speaking to Orange Customer Services along with O2 Customer Services if it has not completed as expected.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The app is giving indication that the number port is still in progress. Sounds like it won't be completed till Monday. Did you get a text from both networks giving you a date? 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You also have to manually change the phone number in iPhone settings yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, it said it would be done by 6pm yesterday but it mustn't have, I'll wait until monday and see what happens, and noted that I have to change the number in settings myself, thanks slight_smile
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Edit and save the correct number in the phone and then reboot it. It might just help settle things down a bit.
Hopefully it will transfer over without any hassle but we do hear of a few issues with people coming from EE.
Let us know how you get on and hope it settles down for you quickly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7