cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded,do i keep my old sim?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

Ive just upgraded online from a Iphone 4s to a Iphone 5s,its due to arrive tomorrow as i had to take out a new tarriff contract too, will this mean the new tarriff contract will be on the new sim or will it go into my existing sim? Will i need to do the sim swap? Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You should get a nano sim with your iPhone.

All you need to do is follow this link to move your new tariff and mobile number to it.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

If you don't get one any O2 shop hold them and can do the swap for you. Takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours to settle. Keep turning airplane mode on and off to help the reconnection.

Ensure you ask for a contract sim as payg ones hold different info on them.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get a new sim as the new iPhone takes a Nano sim rather than a Micro sim.

Call customer services to process the sim swap when you have your new phone ready

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You should get a nano sim with your iPhone.

All you need to do is follow this link to move your new tariff and mobile number to it.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

If you don't get one any O2 shop hold them and can do the swap for you. Takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours to settle. Keep turning airplane mode on and off to help the reconnection.

Ensure you ask for a contract sim as payg ones hold different info on them.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will need to use the new sim of you want to use 4g anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all for your replies,i will call customer services when i get it ready,cheers Thanks!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're most welcome slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6