Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when adding mobile data plan to Apple Watch SE

Hannahthompson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve got a brand new Apple Watch SE and paired it to my iPhone 11 Pro Max. When going to setup the data plan in the watch app, I am receiving the error ‘oops something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues, call 202 free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference 88.’ I’ve spent two weeks on the phone for countless hours with O2 to try and get this resolved. I’ve been told it’s a known issue with them, only to then be told my watch is faulty, however looking online in this forum, I’m not the only person to get this error. I’m on iOS 14.4, have reset network settings on the phone, reset the watch to factory defaults, updated both the watch and phone. Can someone please help? I’m tearing my hair out with O2 trying to get this fixed.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

O2Ellie
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Morning everyone,

Thanks for the tag @O2Georgina slight_smile

@Hannahthompson I will send you a private message now and we can look in to this further for you.

signature
Message 11 of 13

daren
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro and setup an o2 data plan for a Apple Watch 3,gps & cellular yesterday. All set up and plan activated. After setup I cannot make or take calls on either device. I’ve tried a different SIM card and it works. The original SIM card does not and when calling my number I get a dead line tone, was on a call for some time yesterday with tech support who said they cannot find any issues. Anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve this, day 2 and still unable to make or receive calls on either device?

Message 12 of 13

IT_Engineer69
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @daren I setup a o2 data plan for my apple watch SE yesterday afternoon.

I can use mobile data and send/receive texts but like you I am unable to make or receive calls. 

There is a known issue and they are working on it, they were aiming to resolve it by today but I'm still down at the moment

Message 13 of 13