Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when adding mobile data plan to Apple Watch SE

Hannahthompson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve got a brand new Apple Watch SE and paired it to my iPhone 11 Pro Max. When going to setup the data plan in the watch app, I am receiving the error ‘oops something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues, call 202 free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference 88.’ I’ve spent two weeks on the phone for countless hours with O2 to try and get this resolved. I’ve been told it’s a known issue with them, only to then be told my watch is faulty, however looking online in this forum, I’m not the only person to get this error. I’m on iOS 14.4, have reset network settings on the phone, reset the watch to factory defaults, updated both the watch and phone. Can someone please help? I’m tearing my hair out with O2 trying to get this fixed.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Hannahthompson Have you tried contacting Apple? https://support.apple.com/en-gb

Edit: If the watch is faulty you'll need to arrange with O2 to return the one you have, and have them send you a new one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

Hannahthompson
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I haven’t no and I didn’t purchase the watch through O2. I go to ‘setup mobile data’ in the watch app and it brings up the login screen for My O2, but when the username and password are entered, the error appears. An no, my username and password are not incorrect. An O2 representative last week told me that error 88 was a know error with them, so I’m really doubtful that it’s a problem with the watch.
Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I'll tag the O2 online advisors, but they won't be on until tomorrow morning. @O2Lisa or @O2Georgina can you please assist @Hannahthompson?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144665 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Hannahthompson 

Have you got wifi and 4g enabled in your phone settings, even if you don't use these they are required to be on for the watch to setup correctly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Hannahthompson
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yep, both 4G and Wi-Fi are enabled
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144665 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Hannahthompson 

Also go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness, and switch it on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Hannahthompson
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Surely motion and fitness is just for the fitness apps on my phone? Regardless, it’s already enabled.
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144665 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
I'm just offering suggestions that have helped others.
I'll leave to our customer support team to assist.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Morning @Bambino  Thanks for the tag.

I am also goiong to tag @O2Ellie  as there has been a slight change to rotasmiling

signature
Message 10 of 13