cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAILS using my bt account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. When I try to get my emails on my iPhone it keeps popping up with U/N or P/W is incorrect yet both work to allow me to sign into my bt with no problem whilst using my laptop.My other email accounts are fine when using both machines.I can get my bt emails from my laptop but obviously I need to be able to use my iPhone too.Ive been in touch with BT,they've tested my phone line together with all of their other kit and have stated it's my phone at fault.Ive been unable to get my mail since 4/7/17 so as you can guessed I'm totally pee'd off.Can anyone HELP or ADVISE me PLEASE as I'm sooooooo annoyed as obviously it's a service I pay for and am unable to use.Many Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Try downloading the yahoo mail app and see if they work then.
It's most likely a configuration error rather than a phone fault.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This happened to me on my Samsung phone. (with BT emails) I deleted the email account and reinstalled it immediately...rebooted the phone and now bt emails come in fine. It's worth a try?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just to add. I have two email accounts. BT Internet and Gmail. Never had a problem with gmail....but the btinternet one occasionally acts up on the phone... deleting and reinstalling has sorted it...:smileywink:

Worth a try @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just to also add, if you delete and reinstall, make sure you add it as a Yahoo account too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just to add. I have two email accounts. BT Internet and Gmail. Never had a problem with gmail....but the btinternet one occasionally acts up on the phone... deleting and reinstalling has sorted it...:smileywink:

Worth a try @Anonymous

Well worth trying as a first step if you are happy with your present email app. Downloading Yahoo app is a next step but as an app,  it is itself one of the worst email apps I ever used. 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Maybe not clear in my first response but the app use was to prove if a device or account issue.
I wouldn't want additional email apps either if it could be avoided.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Did you fix your BT issue? Please let us know if we can help you more  Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 8