Did you mean: 

iPad won't connect to anything other than 3G

NetworkNorm
Level 3: Thinker
  • 67 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a 5G SIM in my ipad and have been happily using 5G (when available) with no problem.. However since about a month ago, my device won't connect to anything other than 3G.

I've checked and double checked all of the settings to make sure everything is set to use 5G and all appears in order. Looking at my O2 account, it correctly shows I have the 5G bolt-on.

Am really confused as to what could be causing this? And yes, I'm definitely in an area with good 5G coverage, my iPhone (also with O2) connects with no problem. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@NetworkNorm 

What do you get with your phone sim in the iPad?

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 94379 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

NetworkNorm
  • 67 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Put my work SIM in, as my personal o2 phone is eSIM, and iPad happily connected to 4G. Put my o2 SIM back in and stuck on 3G. 

APN settings are:

mobile.o2.co.uk

Username: o2web

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 94379 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

MI5
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@NetworkNorm 

I'd pop in store with photo ID for a new sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6