cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick warning. I had an email supposedly from O2, saying 'thanks for staying with O2 your bill is ready to view £445.93 !! with a link to view my bill. It used my name and everything and looked almost genuine. It would be very easy for someone to go to 'view my bill' in pure panic (my bills are normally about £10!)

I make a rule of never following links and, if in doubt, go into the company cocerned's own website or phone.

Plaese watch out for this scam

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up @Anonymous double check your myo2 to check that there isn't any outstanding amounts though. @MercedesS @Marjo @Martin-O2 potential scam 

Message 2 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Anonymous and thanks to @Anonymous for taking the time to report this. I'll pass this on but I may need a bit more info. If I do I'll drop you a private message @Anonymous. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry! first thing I did - still about the £10.00 mark

Thanks

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear that @Anonymous & welcome to the forum

Message 5 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Broadband... forward the phishing email to the address in the link

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
This kind of scam does the rounds every now and then.
My Apple account is another one I get targeted over along with bank accounts that I don't even own !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I get similar emails pretending to be from amazon regarding a £400 order that I've not made. anguished Obviously never click the link and when I login to my account it's fine. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 10 of 16