Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working sometimes til I make a call

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi everyone have a minor issue,well I hope.I tried to go online on my phone yesterday,check emails and it would allow me.Kept saying count not activate cellular network.Rang o2,as it rang the notifications from Ebay started coming through.So it was working.Then the exact same thing happened today.only seems to haope. When I sit for lunch at one.Anyone any idea or thoughts on the issue?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Contacted apple because it becoming more frequent and they say reset network settings,if that doesn't work set up as a new phone.when I told them I'm fed up they said we can send it in for repair.i said no thanks I would rather return it.it frustrating as hell.not much info or update yet.not happy

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yeah, they got your money now.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Well I have til tomorrow.the thing that really annoys me is I spent money buying a screen protector.The should be compensating me if I get a replacement or return for selling a faulty phone.I can get the fault to act straight awy by going on to airplane mode and off.only affect 4g I noticed.

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I understand it's a software issue with iOS 10 so I doubt another phone will fix it - be interesting to see what happens.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
I know,well I thought it was a software issue to but apple said they have no reports of this fault!so I was very unhappy.they are sending out a replacement.
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Do they not have Google lol !

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Well I mentioned on the forums and o2 forums people are talking about it.but they know nothing.They are giving me a tenner towards a screen protector.but I'm going tomb without a phone.so I'm pretty wound up.
Message 17 of 17