Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 289
288 REPLIES 288

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Barcelo wrote:

I don’t know if that’s happened to others as well, but I’m now out of mobile data😞. It worked only for couple of weeks. My plan is enabled and it shows in the Watch app on my iPhone. But the status is “No connection”. I’ve unpaired/paired and still nothing. Very frustrating 

Tagging @O2KyleW who is on this afternoon into the early evening, @Barcelo - hopefully you are on-line and able to see his message presently. Failing that, Monday morning is when Advisors are back online again, reach out then. Good luck!

Message 201 of 289

Barcelo
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all for your help, but I decided to cancel my watch airtime plan (that will save me £5/month that I’m not making use of). Calling 202 to cancel this is so far quite a nightmare. What are other people experience with this process?

Message 202 of 289

CarpediemDC
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’m having the exact same with my apple ultra watch. Set up for cellular  well over a month ago but still got the activating with  the spinning disc. If someone could help with this it would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 203 of 289

Cleoriff
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@CarpediemDC 

I'll tag an account advisor @O2Ryan who is on this morning from 8am. Hopefully he'll be able to help

Best of luck and welcome to the forum 😊

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 204 of 289

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 205 of 289

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Thanks @O2Ryan xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 206 of 289

Jakey-
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have this issue too. Could someone from O2 please assist?

Many thanks. 🙂

Message 207 of 289

Jakey-
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anybody? Pleeeease! 😔😅

Message 208 of 289

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Jakey- wrote:

Anybody? Pleeeease! 😔😅

Not on Sunday, @Jakey- - but @O2Sarah- is in at 8am Monday, please keep a watch out for a Private Message asking for more info. Good luck!

Message 209 of 289

Jakey-
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, thank you! 👍

Message 210 of 289