Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 289
288 REPLIES 288

Caseynw03
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m having same issue, 3days now just saying activiting 

Message 281 of 289

Caseynw03
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can you help me too! My watch has been stuck on activating for 3 days now n I can’t get any help from anyone at O2 by call or live advisor 

Message 282 of 289

Caseynw03
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Iv sent you a message as mine is stuck on activiting too please!

Message 283 of 289

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Caseynw03 

Have you read all of the Apple Watch posts on this forum? 

And have you tested all of the solutions ? 

There are literally hundreds of posts and dozens of solutions, but unfortunately what works as a solution for one might not work for another - it is completely random. I suggest that you try them all.   

Message 284 of 289

Kenbob
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies but I am encountering the same issue. Really hoping someone on here can help as it hasn’t been an easy experience with O2 all round recently…

Thank you in advance for any support.

Message 285 of 289

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Kenbob 

Have a look here Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 286 of 289

Kenbob
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks MI5. Believe I’ve done everything correctly. Just waiting for the plan to activate.

Message 287 of 289

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Kenbob 

Any error codes?

If it goes beyond 48 hours, try O2 again via the social media channels.

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 288 of 289

Kenbob
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again. No error codes. Just spinning saying it’s activating and it’s been over 24hrs. Will wait for the 48hrs and then follow your advice. Thank you.

Message 289 of 289