Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 289
288 REPLIES 288

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@gmarkj  Thanks for the tag

@SkyJawa  I will send you a private message now and look at this for you

signature
Message 261 of 289

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Urrgh this does not give me hope. I do have a return envelope here which I’ve been holding off using. @SkyJawa will you update tomorrow? If you don’t get a resolution after your 5 days I think I will just return it as it seems like they don’t really know what to do about this. 

Message 262 of 289

SkyJawa
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I will, @O2Georgina had a quick look, need to wait for the engineering team to contact me, will update here with any news!

Message 263 of 289

Littlepink83
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No @SkyJawa , I got told it has been escalated so to wait for 5 days for a reply. I reported the fault on Saturday. 

Message 264 of 289

SkyJawa
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine was escalated on the 4th @ 10:30 also received an sms to confirm.  I'm now over the 5 days, this being day 6. (the text said 3-7 working days but everyone else said someone would be in touch within 5).

Day 7 tomorrow - don't hold out much hope of hearing anything.....

Message 265 of 289

SkyJawa
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So as suspected, its now a day later and still nothing and still not working.  7 working days from fault report, thats exceptionally rubbish service.  I'll be phoning tomorrow to cancel, give them the rest of today to not contact me then move to a provider who can actually activate Apple Watch plans.

Message 266 of 289

SkyJawa
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all.  My final update! I phoned to cancel, agent called engineering team who said because its a watch the resolution is 10 working days, not 3, not 5 or 7, but 10 which is not communicated anywhere. Awesome.   I was still given no guarantee it would be resolved, just that I would expect a call within 10 working days to discuss.

Anyway, I told him I still wanted to cancel, I then have spent the last 1 hour, going round 4 different people re-explaining the situation each time and then the last agent finally agreed to terminate the contract with no fees (they tried to charge me £220 despite what the previous agent had told me on Tuesday).

Disconnection went through immediately while I was on the phone with them.

My advice - if you have just taken out the contract, that 10 working days is pretty much going to take you up to or past your 14 day cooling off period, so if you want to avoid an hour call and a fight, CANCEL WITHIN THE 14 DAYS!!!

Signing off - good luck to all of you that still have this issue outstanding, hope they get it fixed for you....

Message 267 of 289

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37103 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1685 Solutions
Message 268 of 289

Joko
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I unfortunately have the same issue. Would someone be able to PM me to see if it’s an issue at the backend? Thanks

Message 269 of 289

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

No help on here now unfortunately

Either customer service or social media are your only options

Message 270 of 289