Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 289
288 REPLIES 288

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You need customer service to disassociate your old watch with your mobile number @Leems 

Message 51 of 289

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Leems, I’ll message you privately and get this looked in to for you😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 289

Hayleyobrien
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this same issue. 
did you get to the bottom on it?

Message 53 of 289

Andy1972
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve got the same issue with an Apple Watch Ultra, stuck on Activating. 
I rang O2 and was on the phone with them for an hour and 20. Absolute  waste of time. I knew more about the watch and its set up than they did. 
Has anyone been able to get this connected to a cellular account yet?

Message 54 of 289

Mugen360
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the love of god can I get little help also? I’ve been calling o2 for over a month now and they haven’t been able to sort this issue out. 

Message 55 of 289

Andy1972
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seriously dude, I feel your pain. I’m in over a month now and they are still incapable of resolving this issue. It’s as if I’m the only one on their network who has ever asked them to add an Apple Watch to an existing phone contract.

This evening I’m currently attempting the 4th go at following, what has become their ‘stock response’ to my complaint:

‘Our engineers have made some changes to the line and they want you to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone (which if you didn’t know, also removes all your bank cards you might have in your Wallet, and will mean that they later have to be re-added and verified by your bank each time you do this), and then wait 24 hours. Repair your Apple Watch to you iPhone and wait a further 24 hours.

Then, attempt to set up the mobile data plan from your iPhone.’

Seriously, I’m so over O2 that I have no degree of confidence that doing this for the 4th time will make any difference whatsoever. The Mobile Data plan status will hang on ‘Activating’, I’ll end up calling them again, I’ll have to go through this whole sorry saga agin, with someone new, who will raise another Ticket, and so it continues…

Get this, the last time I called I was told that the reason it wasn’t connecting on a mobile data plan was because there wasn’t a line in place for the Watch to use, and that that was the reason I could never get past the ‘Activation’ stage.

So obviously I asked “Well what do I need to do to have that put in place as so far, I’ve had engineers looking into this and I’ve been having to reset my Apple Watch 3 times already?”

“I just need to put you through to Sales and they can set this up for you”.

Great, or so I thought. Only to be told by Sales “We don’t set new lines up for the Watch data plan, you do that via your iPhone, you need to speak to Customer Services for any help”, and transferred me to another representative, who got to listen to the sorry tale all over again.

Honestly, if you get any joy with this, post back here and tell me what to do…

I’ll be eternally grateful.

Message 56 of 289

T_K
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the same boat, it’s beyond frustrating!

Message 57 of 289

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

As you have all tried the normal customer services route, I'll see if the community advisors can help.

Can you see if you can get @Mugen360 @Andy1972 and @T_K working @O2Trevski ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 58 of 289

Andy1972
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To bottom out the possibility that there was a hardware issue with my watch, I contacted Apple Tech Support.

They we’re able to run some online diagnostic checks of the watch and confirmed that there are no issues. 
‘The problems you’re experiencing are solely down to the Carrier’.

Message 59 of 289

rd1024
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem, stuck on activating since 19:00 on Sunday.

Phone and watch are up to date, are on Wi-Fi and the phones data connection, and have been rebooted.

@O2Lisa could someone look into this?

Thanks

Message 60 of 289