Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 284
283 REPLIES 283

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You're welcome @Cleoriff 😊

Aw I had a lovely weekend thank you, did you? 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 284

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122939 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Enjoyed a lot of Jubilee TV @O2Lisa as the weather was against us. Still raining now!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 284

MichaelC20
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa,

I’m having the same problem too it’s really frustrating, do you have any quick fixes please. 

thanks. 

Message 43 of 284

Jodieleannee
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, can you help at all. Purchased a plan for my watch purchased from apple. I confirmed the plan and had activated text but the mobile data page where it take you to sign into your o2 is stuck and tells me to co tact 202 quoting referencing 14. My phone and watch has been restored and factory and still nothing xx

Message 44 of 284

Jodieleannee
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa , can you help at all. Purchased a plan for my watch purchased from apple. I confirmed the plan and had activated text but the mobile data page where it take you to sign into your o2 is stuck and tells me to co tact 202 quoting referencing 14. My phone and watch has been restored and factory and still nothing. I’m hoping you know more than the telephone advisors as I’m lost with it. I also have only a spend cap of £0 xx

Message 45 of 284

Chris43
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa im having the same issue as everyone else on this thread. When you get a chance can you dm me to have a look into it please? Thank you! 

Message 46 of 284

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning, sorry to hear you're having issues.

@Jodieleannee@Chris43 I'll message you both privately so I can take some details and look in to this for you.

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 284

Hodgson
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa please can you dm me, please - I am having this activating issue 

Message 48 of 284

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Hodgson, course I can .. I’ll message you privately now 😊

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 284

Leems
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there @O2Lisa can I also ask for your support please. I have the same issue posted by some others on this forum. I have recently upgraded my Apple Watch and all is working correctly apart from the Cellular Data. I have reported the issue to Customer Service and gained no joy after a couple of follow up calls. The account has been checked and doesn't seemed to have any issues that would block the activation and old Apple watch worked fine. This one is stuck in the activation state that others have experienced. 

Message 50 of 284