Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Apple Watch connection issue

Rolfd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Evening all, is there a mod here who can have someone look at my account for me? I’ve bought a series 4 from eBay and it’s not allowing me to set up cellular. I get error code 88 when I try.

I’m up to date with iOS and watch os and not using beta software.

I believe the issue may be that I had ordered a watch from o2 and then cancelled due to the delay in shipping. This might be somehow flagging that I’ve been trying to connect 2 esims.

I spoke with an advisor on 202 but to be honest I’m not convinced that he knew what was going on, no disrespect to him! He told me that he couldn’t see any watch synced to my account?

Any help is appreciated!

Rolf.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Rolfd, and sorry to hear you're having some difficulties setting up your new Apple Watch! I can get someone on my end to have a look for you, I'll just need a few more details first so I'll send you a Private Message shortly slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It won't be until tomorrow now, but @EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Rolfd, and sorry to hear you're having some difficulties setting up your new Apple Watch! I can get someone on my end to have a look for you, I'll just need a few more details first so I'll send you a Private Message shortly slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 12

Rolfd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Morning Emilie.

Thanks for coming back to me. I’ve replied to your message. Thanks also to @MI5
Message 4 of 12

Pdoddze
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2 

Hi.. I am also having problems with an Apple Watch 4 bought from o2 shop yesterday. 2 hours online with customer support and no solution.. watch will pair fine but cellular data won't work. When I go to activate cellular data I get a message saying Apple Watch on o2 is only available to personal pay monthly customers. Find out more at o2.co.uk/help/Apple_watch

Been told someone will call back within 5 days.. whilst they were helpful at customer support it was no more than turn on turn off, check latest iOS etc and try to resync which clearly isn't the issue. Didn't seem to know what was going on.. not a great start after moving to o2.. 

Any help or advice you can give me?

thanks

Message 5 of 12

Pdoddze
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All appears to be up and running now.. Not quite sure who has done what but a few phone calls and it is working..
Message 6 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good to hear @Pdoddze, I hope you have fun with your new watch now smiley

signature

Message 7 of 12

Russtie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@EmilieT

I am also having the same issue with the data connection on my series 4.

Collected it on Monday from the o2 shop and since then I have not had a data connection.

It’s been 48 hours since first setting it up and even had an esim reset yesterday to try and get it working. Voice calls work fine. Just no data.

It has been escalated to an engineer and I await a call from them.

In the meantime any help will be gratefully received
Message 8 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Russtie , how are you getting on today - did you get a call back yet or are you still waiting? Happy to check for you in case we can find out anything on our end, although if it's already escalated to engineering they're most likely working on it already. slight_smile 

Message 9 of 12

Russtie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Marjo, thanks for getting back to me. I have still to receive a call and it’s now 4 days and still no data connection.

If you can take a look into it that would be great

Thanks
Message 10 of 12