Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not eligible to setup mobile data on Apple Watch

Pixie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have been back and forward countless times with O2 since July and haven’t gotten anywhere.
I bought an Apple Watch back in July but when I set it up it said “Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact O2 for more information.” I contacted O2 and they said they had to reset the eSIM and that so had to unpaid the watch and wait 24 hours before setting it back up again. I did this and the same message appeared so I contacted O2 to tell them and again the said the eSIM had to be reset. The eSIM must have been reset about 10 times before I eventually got through to someone who told me that they would send out a new watch. So I sent the watch I had back (Nike Series 5) and in return they sent me a Series 6 as they had none of the watches I had left. It is safe to say that the watch isn’t the issue. So I went back on the phone to O2 and spoke to a woman that said an eSIM would get sent out so I could add a mobile data plan. I have since tried to add this plan and have had no luck. The same message is still there. I have tried everything that I possibly can as I have looked through previous threads etc but I’m now at my wits end and no one at O2 seems to understand what the issue is and keeps doing the same things over and over that clearly don’t work. I can’t add any plans in the actual Apple Watch app because this message is still there. I was hoping someone might be able to help here.

C1FD4D2D-0DE0-414E-AAB6-E28402D2FB74.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

DJBROOK
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Awesome, thanks!

Message 81 of 85

DJBROOK
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just replied @O2Georgina!

Message 82 of 85

Markopolo1234
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Georgina @O2Lisa 

I just got a watch ultra and an iPhone 14 plus on a staff plan, I have the same issue where it says “your o2 account is not eligible to enable mobile service on your Apple Watch.” 
Would you be able to assist me? 

cheers, 

Mark

Message 83 of 85

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Markopolo1234 wrote:

Hi O2Georgina O2Lisa

I just got a watch ultra and an iPhone 14 plus on a staff plan, I have the same issue where it says “your o2 account is not eligible to enable mobile service on your Apple Watch.” 
Would you be able to assist me? 

cheers, 

Mark

You'll get @O2Ryan @Markopolo1234 - he is on now, keep an eye open for a PM from him presently, hopefully. Good luck 

Message 84 of 85

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 85 of 85