cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy note 10.1 jelly bean update

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

today i bought samsung galaxy note 10.1 at o2 store in Norwich (UK) assuming that it will update to jelly bean straight away (all UK got this update a long time ago) but it didn't happen. over the air and kies update display that my FW is up to date. How long will i have to wait for o2 to to give me access to this update?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
According to the release database nothing has been released by O2 beyond 4.03. Samsung wouldn't debrand it (I wouldn't think) so if you have an O2 device you have to wait for O2. The answer, although not what you want to hear, is above 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Its not something that O2 are very good at giving advanced info on, although we have been promised that they will try and improve. The firmware is probably undergoing testing now but they rarely tell us....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
i wrote an email to samsung informing about this situation and they told me to bring my note to service. then i contacted o2 guru and he told me that the update is sent in batches, not all at the same time and that i have to wait. im pretty confused right now. any suggestions guys?
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
According to the release database nothing has been released by O2 beyond 4.03. Samsung wouldn't debrand it (I wouldn't think) so if you have an O2 device you have to wait for O2. The answer, although not what you want to hear, is above 😞

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what please is the difference of buying a Note 10.1 from o2 to say from argos. tesco, PC world??? All Samsung Tablets are Samsungs and not carriers so the updates come from o2.

iechyd da

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There is specific O2 software for the 3G capable version - I assume this is what the OP has...?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5,
really I never knew that, learn something every day, gee whiz does that mean you can use it as a phone? like a breeze block lol
iechyd da
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I bought a Note 10.1 last Friday from O2 in store (£359.99). First thing i noticed was it was re-sealed. I rang up and asked about this and I was told all Tablets (or maybe all products) come from Samsung like this, she said they are checked before going on sale (think that bit was made up and didn't know real reason). When I booted up it was 4.04 on it, tried to update and Kies said it had latest version so couldn't do anymore. Bit of research lead me to think it's like a phone with O2 gimmicks installed etc. even though only wifi, and O2 will have the job of releasing the updates. Sure enough after a little playing about I started to discover O2 gimmicks.

Took it back today, Guru just happened to be in, Tablet in store had 4.1.1 so I asked why mine hadn't and why it couldn't be updated. He said "Sure it can" so off he went. I did some shopping, 40 mins later I called back, "Sorry, samsung haven't released the update yet, it should be available soon, maybe April." He also said the shop one had a special version for demos installed which isn't available to joe public. BS**t i thought, OK just give me a refund within 7 days. No probs so ran into PC World (£379.99) Price match promise to O2 (£359.99) plus an extra 10% discount (£323.99) and he even through in £10 voucher for movies or something.

Got home and booted up to see 4.1.1, checked for update and ended up now on 4.1.2. Very happy now, the new features are pretty cool!

Cheers Guys

FP

PS. he was going to give me a micro SD as well into the deal but none left in stock for that particular offer.

Message 8 of 8