cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up O2 e-mail on Google Nexus 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just purchased a Google Nexus 7 and have O2 broadband on my home computer.   I did set up a gmail account as part of the setting up process but I don't intend to use this account.  I was wondering how to set up the tablet to receive my O2 email on android.  I am a complete novice.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Open the mail app and follow the on screen requests. Your email address and password are self explanatory, incoming server should be pop.o2.co.uk on port 110 and outgoing should be smtp.o2.co.uk on port 25. Do not tick SSL or use any other security settings but do tick remember user name and password.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me.  Am now able to access my Inbox but there are no messages in my Sent items.  Incoming server input as pop3.o2.co.uk (that was the default) and port 110.  Outgoing was the one you indicated and changed the default which was port 587 to 25. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
POP mail will not replicate all your folders so any emails you send off your N7 will now appear in your sent box but it will not pull in any previously sent ones. You need IMAP for that which O2 maill does not support. You are really much better off using GMail.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your advise.  I did go back into my settings to check that the outgoing port was 25.  It doesn't seemed to have stored this even though I manually changed it from 587.  Tried changing it again but it just reverts to 587.  Thanks again for all your help.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is there a save option anywhere on the settings page? I don't recall seeing one but I can't think why it would revert to default unless you needed to save the settings?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

No save option.  When I change the port to 25 I select 'Done' rather than 'Cancel' but it doesn't save.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hmm, that's strange.... Just check you do not have any security options ticked and that secure server is set to "none"....?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8