cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection is unstable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys

Have had a look round and can't seem to see an answer for this.

I am frequently getting warnings on my S4 handsets telling me my Wi Fi connection is unstable. This has only been happening since 4.3 update and does not happen on my home wifi.

It almost always happens when on bt wifi, the cloud etc.

In my settings automatic switching of networks is not ticked.

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just ignore the unstable wifi messages as it's just a bug.
APN settings can be found here with instructions on how to enter them http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
One assumes your phone is on Android 4.3 in which case yes definitely a bug. This has been resolved in 4.4 kitkat should you get that.

In the meantime ignore it. It doesn't affect the operation of your phone.
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am but hubby is on 4.4 and still has the problem. It's just annoying having it constantly appearing
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
APN???
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
If its happening on 4.4 then I think that would imply a weak wifi signal between the phone and your wifi router?

On 4.3 most people were getting it. I got it in the same room as the router but in 4.4 problem solved.
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you didn't do a factory reset after upgrading it may explain why you are still getting the issue http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-To-Reset-your-Samsung-after-a-Firm...
APN's are the access points that your phone uses to connect to to the internet and data - It's all in the link I posted.
Just ask if anything is unclear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Strangely enough I had the problem after updating to 4.3 on the Note2 in Thailand but they pushed an update to 4.3 through about 3 weeks later which cured the problem.

On the S3 I never had the problem at all though no update was ever released for 4.3. I did however have to do a factory restore to get the phone working satisfactory again.

Message 17 of 17