Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,438

Re: Why is O2 not stocking Google Pixel phones

In terms of delivery.
2+ years if we’re talking tech.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,931

Level 1: Joiner

I believe that o2 will VERY SOON start selling the Google range (MAYBE when the Pixel 3 launches if not slightly before!) I intend to purchase one myself (depending on price!).

I'm a Google Pixel fan girl. I had the original Pixel, and my Pixel 3 is the best handset I've owned since the fab HTC One (M7). I'm due an upgrade in November but I'm being offered an early upgrade now via O2 Refresh, their way of trying hooking me into a THREE year contract. If the possibility of the upcoming Pixel 5 was an option, they'd have hooked me but... I'll be jumping back to EE as soon as I can.

@Dingledoodie 

3 years isn't compulsory.

You can select your term anywhere between 3 months and 3 years.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

Even so, they could've had me hooked but their lack of phone choice (ie: no Google) means they've lost me as a customer. I was with EE for 15 years (I'm brand loyal when given good service/choice). I jumped ship to O2 in 2018 cuz the Pixel 3 was cheaper, but I'll be jumping back to EE after only 2 years with O2. That speaks volumes. 15 years versus 2 years. Limiting choice (especially not stocking a huge global brand such as Google) is just plain short sighted.

We'd all agree with that......

Currently using:
Level 36: Perceptive

[ Edited ]

@Dingledoodie

The Pixel 4a has been delayed to August if current rumours are to be believed and the earliest date for the 5 is October. So no one knows who will carry it, so a patience might be good.

The stocking of handsets is a strange business, as i have learnt, and it all depends on volume and the price the networks pay for the handsets.

I remember a few years ago a network paid 7 figures to a manufacturer to range a handset as an exclusive....

edited for spelling mistakes

Current Phone: Motorola Razr 5g
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts

[ Edited ]