cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is O2 not stocking Google Pixel phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a second year in a row, O2 is not stocking the Google Pixel phones. The stupidity of the situation is that when I walk into an O2 showroom, the staff very kindly direct me to the nearest CarphoneWarehouse to buy a Google Pixel. It seems the staff either do not care, they are out  to kill O2's own client base or simply could not be bothered with giving feedback to the guys who are defining the company's handset strategy.

Please - can O2 start stocking the Google Pixel? This is getting very annoying when other providers are doing just that - stocking these handsets.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In terms of delivery.
2+ years if we’re talking tech.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 12 of 19

therobnfw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I believe that o2 will VERY SOON start selling the Google range (MAYBE when the Pixel 3 launches if not slightly before!) I intend to purchase one myself (depending on price!).
Message 13 of 19

Dingledoodie
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm a Google Pixel fan girl. I had the original Pixel, and my Pixel 3 is the best handset I've owned since the fab HTC One (M7). I'm due an upgrade in November but I'm being offered an early upgrade now via O2 Refresh, their way of trying hooking me into a THREE year contract. If the possibility of the upcoming Pixel 5 was an option, they'd have hooked me but... I'll be jumping back to EE as soon as I can.
Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dingledoodie 

3 years isn't compulsory.

You can select your term anywhere between 3 months and 3 years.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 19

Dingledoodie
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Even so, they could've had me hooked but their lack of phone choice (ie: no Google) means they've lost me as a customer. I was with EE for 15 years (I'm brand loyal when given good service/choice). I jumped ship to O2 in 2018 cuz the Pixel 3 was cheaper, but I'll be jumping back to EE after only 2 years with O2. That speaks volumes. 15 years versus 2 years. Limiting choice (especially not stocking a huge global brand such as Google) is just plain short sighted.
Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We'd all agree with that......

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Dingledoodie

The Pixel 4a has been delayed to August if current rumours are to be believed and the earliest date for the 5 is October. So no one knows who will carry it, so a patience might be good.

The stocking of handsets is a strange business, as i have learnt, and it all depends on volume and the price the networks pay for the handsets.

I remember a few years ago a network paid 7 figures to a manufacturer to range a handset as an exclusive....

edited for spelling mistakes

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 18 of 19

Dingledoodie
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Message 19 of 19