cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Samsug Galaxy SIII mini with all call forwarding disabled and as far as I am aware no voicemail set up as I never use it.  The other day the pho ne showed a notification of "New Voicemail - Voicemail number unknown" and to the best of my knowledge I had not changed any of the settings on the phone.   Accessing the notification takes to a message "Missing voicemail number", "No voicemail number o SIM card" and the option to add a number.

If I don't add a number the notification remains and if I do try a number the message changes to number not recognised or the phone tries to dial the number.   That said I don't know what, if any, the voicemail number should be.

Any suggestions on how I can get rid of this notification and still not use voicemail?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The voicemail number is 901. Once you have set it up just dial 1760 to switch off voicemail and should you ever want to activate it, dial 1750.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The voicemail number is 901. Once you have set it up just dial 1760 to switch off voicemail and should you ever want to activate it, dial 1750.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I had tried putting in 901 and the phone dials the number but I also got a message saying the number is not recognised!  I have had another go at this and was able to access my voicemail to find an "empty" message which I have now deleted and the problem seems to be resolved.

I have no idea how the message got there but thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you have installed Tugo it automatically turns voicemail on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5