Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail on Android

SteveAyre
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there any update as to when O2 will support Visual Voicemail on Android devices?

There's a thread from 2016 where ChrisK said O2 were working with Google to implement it. I assume this means supporting the OMTP VVM specification. Is there any progress?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

DanielM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any reason why O2 has released Visual Voicemail on Pixel 3 and 3 XL but not on the Pixel 4 and 4 XL? Especially seeing as the 4 and 4 XL are the latest Google phones running native Android.

I thought I'd try the visual voicemail setup guide for Google's Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XLso I called up O2 support and had the 'visual voicemail provisions' added to my account. I've waited a couple of hours and restarted my phone as they instructed. All my apps and OS are up-to-date, but it still doesn't have the option for visual voicemail showing despite it being the latest Google phone.

Any kind of ETA on when "early next year" would be helpful so at least we can see a glimmer of light at the end of this very long tunnel.

It's incredibility painful having to call 901 and go through all your voicemails at a snail's pace 1-by-1. I'm sure everyone feels the same way. Hopefully, o2 are going to role this out to ALL android users asap.

Message 21 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@DanielM 

As we are all customers on here, we wouldn't know.

I guess your best option is to follow this thread that I gave you earlier to get any updates https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-launches-Visual-Voicemail-on-Google-Pixel-3-and-3-XL/m...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 31

DanielM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just seen the "voicemail" icon show in my "phone" app on Google Pixel 4 XL for visual voicemail (android visual voicemail). But it says "Activating visual voicemail You might not receive voicemail notifications until visual voicemail is fully activated. Call voicemail to retrieve new messages until voicemail is fully activated"- See screenshots below:

Activating Visual Voicemail

Then this showed temporarily, and now it's gone back to the image above.

Activating visual voicemail 2

I've already had the provisions added to my account/number so I assume visual voicemail should be working. I've tried leaving a voice message but it's not popping up here and now it's not going into my 901 voicemail inbox either. So now I'm unable to listen to any voicemails at all now 😞

I'm using an e-SIM instead of a physical SIM card. Could this be a problem? O2 customer support said it doesn't matter which one I was using. I tried restarting my phone but no luck...

Any ideas?

Message 23 of 31

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@DanielM 

VVM is not available for the Pixel 4 yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 31

DanielM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not sure why it just appeared then? Since the "voicemail" icon appeared, my normal voicemail inbox has stopped working.
Message 25 of 31

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 have said the pixel 4 will be supported early next year, so maybe they are testing some network changes?

Currently using:
Message 26 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Working on my pixel 4 just now
Message 27 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Dijital
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Visual voicemail activation isn't working on my Pixel 4. It was fine on my Pixel 2 though! Any idea how to resolve the issue? O2 customer service don't understand this feature enough to be able to help.
Message 29 of 31

Yanos
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to resurect and old thread, however, 

I have just moved to O2 from sky, I have a samsung galaxy s10, visual voicmail was working fine with sky, but it's not so far with O2. Is the galaxy s10 supported by o2?

I can see there is an official page about setting it up on smasung devices, but the page is blank?

Message 30 of 31