Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail on Android

SteveAyre
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there any update as to when O2 will support Visual Voicemail on Android devices?

There's a thread from 2016 where ChrisK said O2 were working with Google to implement it. I assume this means supporting the OMTP VVM specification. Is there any progress?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

runamonk
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The voicemail tab is there but new voicemails are not coming through there and I am not getting any notification of new voicemails at all. 

Message 11 of 31

Adlez
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It works!
I just got an update for the Phone app (I'm part of the beta programme) and now it lists my voicemails. Finally?
Message 12 of 31

runamonk
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not part of the beta but I did get updates to phone. I tested it and visual voicemail does in fact work now.

Message 13 of 31

Adlez
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, it could have been working for a few days but I hadn't noticed.  I just saw the update and figured I would look for anything new and saw the Voicemail page appear to start populating with voicemail messages.

Message 14 of 31

runamonk
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I checked it a couple days ago and it still wasn't working, so maybe they put in a call to google to fix the phone app? Dunno. It's working now, which is pretty cool.

Message 15 of 31

runamonk
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wait, I take that back. I am part of the phone app beta (I wanted the dark mode), I totally forgot about that. slight_smile So maybe you're right and google snuck in some fixes in there too. grin

Message 16 of 31

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all. As some of you have seen, VVM has now been made available in a Beta version of the Phone app, recently released to the developer Community by Google for some of their devices. We don't recommend that customers use Visual Voicemail in this Beta version, as it’s still in test and not yet ready to be supported for general use, and that they wait until we officially launch in the new year.

We’ve no further ETA to share, but we are working closely with our vendors on this as you can see, and hope to have more info to share in early 2019. Until then, please do remember that if you get this update, the functionality is not yet supported for general use.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 17 of 31

runamonk
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up.

Message 18 of 31

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, just in case you haven't seen the news yet, O2 has launched Visual Voicemail for Android this morning. It will initially launch on the Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL, with plans to roll out across other vendors, including Samsung and Sony early next year.

See here for more info. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 31

Stonemotions
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a pixel 3 that I bought separately to my contract to upgrade from my pixel 2 pay monthly contract. Visual voicemail option still doesn't show in the phone app. I have tried deleting an re-installing the phone app, and also manually adding the API settings requested from o2. Still to no avail; anyone else having the same issue or know something else to try?
Message 20 of 31