Did you mean: 

Urgent Notice From Samsung About the Note 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-samsung-elec-smartphones-recall-idUSKCN11G0IX

Power it down and send it back. Call Samsung if you have questions. 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Absolutely no room for debate on that one @Bambino. They just need to make sure all the Note 7 suppliers are aware and 'singing from the same hymn sheet'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
BBC have reported it out too - I guess they are reaching out to all news agencies.
Can't say they're not trying.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92908 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There is absolutely no room for doubt and if anyone at O2 advises it's safe to carry on using until replacements are available then it's irresponsible at best and downright dangerous. Hopefully this information will be pushed out to EVERY adviser be it call centres or live chat.

Message 4 of 10

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The problem is that lots of people don't have replacement phones, having recycled the old ones in order to pay for the new ones.  Combine this with the lack of solid information from O2 about what is going on with the replacement programme.  I've been contacted by Samsung with the news now that replacements will start after the 19th September, but still not a single word from O2.  Somewhere on here someone has been told by samsung that their replacement will be available on the 4th September which is quite a long time.

I'm going to be hunting round for an old phone in a drawer tonight and then will shut down my Note 7, but it would be nice to actually hear some news from o2 as to what is going on with the recall and what process are they going to use (replace in store, get new phone posted and then send old one back) I'm assuming they know from Samsung already when the phones are being shipped to them so even a rough estimate of dates would be nice!

At the moment O2 are saying contact samsung and Samsung are saying contact your carrier, which is a bit rubbish really!

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92908 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There are people out there who are currently using the phone who are probably unaware of the current situation.... 

In this day and age you can a throwaway phone for a tenner as an emergency phone. OK it's not all singing and dancing that we are used to but surely we can revert to a phone's primary use until a replacement is provided?  Most friends will have an old phone in a drawer that can be borrowed. 

Message 6 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,
New update from us below:
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Samsung-Galaxy-Note7-Update-from-O2/m-p/997537#M17078

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 10

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Which is all well and good unless you need email and internet access for work purposes via a BYOD policy.  For me the least useful part of my phone is the actual telephone part!

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Samsung last week for advice about using the phone and they said it was safe to continue using it because no cases had been reported in the UK!

I didn't want to risk it so waited patiently for O2 who called me Saturday and delivered replacement today.

Back up and running with this awesome phone.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There is always a first one though!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10