cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS IN THE OFFICE SINCE MONDAY : SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having problems since Monday 4th of August, when I am in the Office SE1 8NZ  I noticed I cannot make or receive calls..when someone rings me it goes directly to my VM. I didn't notice that until the next day. I had an urgent missed phone call and when I tried to access my VM , it started dialing and then cut out.
I rang the Customers service who advised me to switch off the handset and remove the battery but still the same. I was then asked to remove it again and also the Sim Card but still the same.
Was asked to try another 02 user's sim card but it wouldn't accept in the phone.
I am able to get Internet , Whatsapp and text messages without any problem
The helpdesk said it's definitely the Sim card
I received the Sim card yesterday but didn't insert it. This morning inside and outside the house the phone works perfectly and able to make n receive call.
I tried outside my building and it works fine and as soon as I enter the office it stops working. If I come out of the office a few hundred yards it works fine
I rang the desk again and explain and they advised to insert the new Sim card which I did. It has been activated and I am still having the same problems.
There are 2 other 02 users with different handsets having the same issue, mine is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Whats causing this problem? I have never had this issue before Monday.
The signal is showing as 2 bars only?

I have notice on the Thread someone mention Kit Kat whats that. I have gone into the settings and check for updates via Wifi and its showing as The latest updates have already been installed.

4g is not displaying as I am on Wifi but even though I switch to Data I still cannot make or receive calls.

What has 02 done that changed this ?

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146974 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

A simple search of your postcode reveals a known issue.

O2 are aware and will be working on a fix - Hang on in there a bit slight_smile

Live results for SE1 8NZ, London, London

• Sorry we're currently investigating reports that a phone mast in this area isn't working.
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending / receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 15:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.

•  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
  • 93273 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It could be a problem with a mast or congestion of a mast.

Has your office installed anything recently that could affect the signal? Any new buildings gone up?

Message 2 of 31

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It sounds more as if something in the building is blocking the mobile signals. Has any equipment been installed that would block mobile signals?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

A good explanation help thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-ma... things resolve for you quickly.
Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 146974 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

A simple search of your postcode reveals a known issue.

O2 are aware and will be working on a fix - Hang on in there a bit slight_smile

Live results for SE1 8NZ, London, London

• Sorry we're currently investigating reports that a phone mast in this area isn't working.
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending / receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 15:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.

•  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 31

jonsie
  • 93273 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The status was showing ok at lunch time so it's obviously been reported since. At least they are on it now and will hopefully get it repaired as soon as possible.

Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 146974 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
As you know jonsie it pays to check back as the status is updated hourly....
I guessed you would have checked previously though.....
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear you're having trouble @Anonymous Sorry for any inconvenience caused 😞 Our engineers are working to get this back up and running as quickly as possible.
Message 8 of 31

jonsie
  • 93273 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes it does. I have been out this afternoon and now on my 'local' office so didn't get the chance to check back. Good to see someone is on the ball though:smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 31

MI5
  • 146974 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Enjoy the "office" lol slight_smile
Message 10 of 31