cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE (M8) not working with bury 9068

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

i've recently has a Bury 9068 installed in my car (the HTC one is on the compatabliity list) and everytime i connect the handsfree kit reboots itself. I've tried it with a friends Iphone and my girlfriend galaxy s4 and they work correctly.

the installation engineer told me that sometimes HTC causes a problem in 2 ways

1) the firmware on the phone is faulty and needs to be fixed by the manufacturer

2) on the HTC you can't turn off contact syncing via bluetooth so the constant syncing makes the system crash.

i could wait until the new android (4.4.3) update comes out and see if that fixes it but in the meantime does anyone have any advice?

thank you

Dan

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
If that is the case, why is it on the compatibility list?
Seems strange to say it's compatible, then say but they cause problems 😞
Anyway, there are some suggestions here for your problem http://www.technobezz.com/fix-bluetooth-connection-problem-htc-one-m8/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
If that is the case, why is it on the compatibility list?
Seems strange to say it's compatible, then say but they cause problems 😞
Anyway, there are some suggestions here for your problem http://www.technobezz.com/fix-bluetooth-connection-problem-htc-one-m8/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i know it's bizzare, thank you for the link. i'll read up on it.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 147038 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
Good luck.....
Let us know if you find a solution as it may help others searching for similar issues....
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23544 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

I'm puzzled as to why you think you need a device like that at all? The HTC One M8 is one of the most sophisticated state-of-the-art phones on the market at the moment. I Googled the device, and as far as I can see, anything you can do on that device can be done on the phone right now without it. What advantages does it have that you can't have on the phone itself?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

there are two versions of the bury 9068, there's an app based one for your phone or a dashboard one.

I got the dashboard one so it comes through the car speakers and there's a microphone.

stops me getting into trouble for holding the phone during a conversation.

I agree the HTC has been awesome upto this point, but if i can't use any bluetooth i may have to go back to apple.

Message 6 of 10

Bambino
  • 23544 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

Total waste of money, as far as I see it. You can buy a windscreen or dash mounted holder for the phone, which is relatively inexpensive, and a couple of Bluetooth speakers, which are also cheap, and a Bluetooth headset, which you should have anyway if you're talking on the phone in the car. Or you could use the in-built speakers on the phone, which I've read are very good. What would an Apple phone have that your current phone doesn't?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

that's why i bought a kit that works through the car speakers and with a microphone so i don't need to touch the phone while i'm driving and didn't want tooo much clutter with extra speakers and the like and i can talk freely without wearing a headset

Well currently Iphone is beating HTC on the fact that it has always worked with any accessory i've had. slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's also possible the HTC One in the compatibility list is the original M7, differences in the bluetooth stack could separate the two devices.

Message 9 of 10

Bambino
  • 23544 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

The point I'm trying to make is that with the phone you already have, apart from a dashboard or windscreen holder, you don't need another accessory at all. The only advantage that particular device has over the phone is that you can run it through your car's speakers. If that's worth the price you paid for the device, then you're welcome to it. But if you have to sell the HTC to get an iPhone just to be compatible with the device it's a true waste of money. Your choice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 10