cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Z5 Headphone issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There

Had a new Z5 Premium for about 2 weeks and only know started to use the earbuds (the ones that come with the device) for phone calls, each time the earbuds are plugged in the call just ends, without earbuds the call goes through, if you connect the earbuds during a call it ends the call.  I have looked at the smart connect and cleared the data this has made no difference, I have tried other non apple earbuds with inline mics but again the same problem.  I have downloaded and tried smart key app and this even has the call feature greyed out...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123112 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

One of our members @viridis has the Z5. He may be able to help...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Just for a test,
Can you hold the power button, hold your finger on power off until the option to reboot into safe mode comes up.
Reboot into safe mode and see if it does it whilst in safe mode.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for coming back to me, unfortunately this didn't solve the issue, when I try and make a call it just goes to call ended.

Message 4 of 14

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'll try when I get home, all I've got to test here is some NC750's and it doesn't cut out on them...
Message 5 of 14

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Can you check the port is free of dust and lint too
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have tried 4 different pairs of inline headphones this afternoon and they all do the same thing....I can listen to music but not use the inline mic....I just can't work it out.

Message 7 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I'll try when I get home, all I've got to test here is some NC750's and it doesn't cut out on them...

Thanks for looking into this @viridis ! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 14

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ok just checked the following.
Sony earbuds packaged with Z5 - did not disconnect if put in during call.
Xiaomi piston 3 - did not disconnect.
Sony h.ear - did not disconnect
Samsung level on - did not disconnect.

Going by that, I would suggest performing a recovery install using pc companion after backing up your data using same pc program. If you still get this problem, contact customer services and arrange a replacement.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to look into this, I will have to go back to O2 or Sony I guess, I did the repair last night and the same thing happens, as soon as I plug in a pair of earphones I can't make calls.  I can listen to music, it is almost like the phone doesn't recongnise the mic and thinks it is just a pair of micless earphones.

Message 10 of 14