Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 10 iii Update Issues

UkSparky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning,

A week ago I purchased the above handset direct from O2. All is working well except one issue, Google Play Security Updates simply refuse to install past February 2021. It offers me a 544kb update - downloads and installs it - then prompts a reboot....

Once I complete the reboot it then offers me a 27Mb update, which refuses to even download - the handset spontaneously reboots - removes the 544kb update and reverts the Play Store back to a previous version.

Ive tried all ther usual things, plus way more. Has anyone else eperienced this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@UkSparky 

Sounds like a bug in the firmware.

Have you enquired with Sony?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

UkSparky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Indeed I have, they've had me going round in circles for the last 10 days refusing to escalate the matter.

My reason for posting here is my handset has O2 branded firmware loaded on it, i'm hoping that someone from O2 will pick up on this and pass it to their devs. I must admit, though, that the problem isnt restricted to O2 handsets, a thread here on the Sony forum shows that others are experiencing the same issue.

I also took the time to contact Google over the matter, but received only a generic "its not our problem" reply. This despite the fact that only Google apps are affected by this issue.

My advice to people wanting to buy this handset from O2 is to hold off a while, and let them iron out bugs.

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@UkSparky

The OS is still developed & Managed by Sony, all o2 do is say what content they want adding or removing, and Sony do all the hard lifting.

It's a shame these bugs exist, as it looks like a nice Sony handset but you may have to wait for an update from Sony to fix it I'm afraid to wait.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep, definitely a Sony issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It's been escalated.
Message 6 of 6