cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending pictures by Text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Z1compact.   Suddenly I cant send photos via text, just says queued for sending, any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Answers in words of one syllable please....

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Even ifwifi is on, as long as mobile data is on the phone will switch to mobile data to send anmms.

well my manager agrees with you so back to square one...is this 20 pages long yet?

Message 111 of 124

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145126 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@viridis wrote:
Even ifwifi is on, as long as mobile data is on the phone will switch to mobile data to send anmms.

well my manager agrees with you so back to square one...is this 20 pages long yet?

Well done for finding someone who knows what they are talking about wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 112 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@viridis wrote:

Well done for finding someone who knows what they are talking about wink

I was a bit suspicious but like I said, I don't use it myself so decided to try anyway....at this point I think if you told me to changing the colour of the mobile  would make it work, I would try!Smiley Frustrated

Message 113 of 124

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145126 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
It's either mobile data is turned off or there is no data signal at the OP's location.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 114 of 124

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

....at this point I think if you told me to change the colour of the mobile  would make it work, I would try!Smiley Frustrated

That's one option we never considered............Astounded

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 115 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turned wi-fi off changed setting to WCDMA. now have H but no signal bars.

Signal strength -111dBm  1asu

Service state  Voice in service   Data in service

And I do know the difference between wi-fi and mobile data.

Mobile Data is on.

when wi-fi on theres no letters on status bar.

Message 116 of 124

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
"Signal strength -111dBm 1asu"

There it is, that signal is about as poor as you can get. I imagine 2g will give much better results, however I can tell you now, you are not sending any mms on 3g with that signal.
You should now, go to settings, more, mobile network and choose 2g only as your network selection.
Then send an mms
Message 117 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
"Signal strength -111dBm 1asu"

There it is, that signal is about as poor as you can get. I imagine 2g will give much better results, however I can tell you now, you are not sending any mms on 3g with that signal.
You should now, go to settings, more, mobile network and choose 2g only as your network selection.
Then send an mms

Couldn't have said it better  @viridis  (dint understand half of it but if it means the coverage is poor that would explain the MMS queueing and not failing. I think we are getting there...

@perksie I've seen worse being suggested and it wasn't a joke.... wink

Message 118 of 124

Cleoriff
  • 123431 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

It would be nice if @Anonymous  came back and updated us though. I am so interested to hear if she was able to send MMS when following @viridis 's advice...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 119 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have at last mananged to send a picture mms.... turned wi-fi off and got G and two bars of signal so it took a while to go, it was recieved at the other side of the house but didn't want to down load straight away.....

Problem sorted do you think ?

Message 120 of 124