cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending pictures by Text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Z1compact.   Suddenly I cant send photos via text, just says queued for sending, any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Answers in words of one syllable please....

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Even if wifi is on, as long as mobile data is on the phone will switch to mobile data to send an mms.
Message 101 of 124

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Even if wifi is on, as long as mobile data is on the phone will switch to mobile data to send an mms.

That's what I thought, I've never had to turn it off to send an MMS.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 102 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not double check it I'll be honest, it was a colleague that just told me this but I'll ask higher...I've not sent an MMS in years and nobody asks about them anymore (except when sms convert to mms and charges!)

Message 103 of 124

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions
There was a change in Android around kitkat release (we've discussed it before) whereby you now have to have data on, even if you are on wifi and not using it for an MMS to send. Previously Android would turn on mobile data if it was off but due to people complaining that it was opening up a window for apps to hijack data it was changed.
Hence the reason that my very first question asked was "is mobile data turned on".
We already know that other phones in the house can send MMS so although it may be slow if only on GPRS, they will still send if data is on.
This really sounds like the OP may be confusing mobile data with wifi to me?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 104 of 124

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think if MMS is set up and working you can test by sending one to yourself.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 105 of 124

MI5
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've not sent an MMS in years and nobody asks about them anymore (except when sms convert to mms and charges!)

Here's a suggestion for O2 - Turn off MMS ability completely, for everyone.....? Good Idea

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 106 of 124

MI5
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

I think if MMS is set up and working you can test by sending one to yourself.

Yes, you can mate.

Message 107 of 124

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Here's a suggestion for O2 - Turn off MMS ability completely, for everyone.....? Good Idea

Now that would solve a lot of problems, I can't see why anyone would need it. slight_smile

Message 108 of 124

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

with plenty of other free, better quality options now available it truly is an archaic system of media sharing

Message 109 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've not sent an MMS in years and nobody asks about them anymore (except when sms convert to mms and charges!)

There are still a lot of people that don't have a smart phone, and they use it....so, don't see it happening any time soon....

Message 110 of 124