cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia z3 compact - memory

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm considering upgrade to the Sony z3 compact. I currently have a Xperia Arc S which I chose mainly for the quality camera which I have been very pleased with. However the main problem is the lack of memory space for downloading apps. Its really limited and often you cannot save onto the SD card.

What I need to know is whether improvements have been made memory-wise as I don't want to be so limited in the number of apps I can download.

Hope this makes sense!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Xperia Z3 has 16gb compared with 8gb with the arc S.
It also allows up to 128gb micro SD to be added to the phone and with android 5 allows apps to be installed to the sd card

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over to the Z3 expert! @viridis slight_smile

Message 2 of 7

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Xperia Z3 has 16gb compared with 8gb with the arc S.
It also allows up to 128gb micro SD to be added to the phone and with android 5 allows apps to be installed to the sd card
Message 3 of 7

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
However, bear in mind, the space an app takes up is nothing to do with any phone, if the app is 1gb then it's 1gb
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

So does that mean the issue that bugged me - that the option to save to SD card not available - is no longer an issue?

Message 5 of 7

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It shouldn't be an issue, you can copy most apps to sd card now.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145130 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Any Android phone that is running Kitkat 4.4.4 or above will have unified storage, which means that the entire storage space can be used to store apps. Previously you would of had, at best, 1gb partitioned off for storage of apps, so any "new" phone now will be a considerable improvement over your Arc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 7