cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending pictures by Text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Z1compact.   Suddenly I cant send photos via text, just says queued for sending, any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Answers in words of one syllable please....

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I'm one of those older genaration who are now using smart phones - I'm probably old enough to be your mother - and I came on here for help, but the last replies have been little more than rude, uncalled for comments!

Please have a little respect for us older users who need help sometimes!

Message 91 of 124

Cleoriff
  • 124329 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

To answer the part of your post about the 'older generation'  I am probably in that category myself. Two grown sons and 4 grandchildren... so I certainly know the struggle with smartphones. (I constantly struggle with mine) wink

I actually don't think any of the replies were rude. A bit of banter among ourselves maybe.. but that was all.

I would also like to thank you because your thread taught me a lot about masts signals and 4G. After 2 years with a so called smartphone I find I am learning new stuff every day. Hope all goes well for you slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to disagree with you @Anonymous on the age thing...you can probably work your mobile 100x better than my husband and he is in his 30's! He wouldn't be able to understand or write half of what you have said on here...he has never sent an MMS....I think that says it all!

I think on this one it's not a "mobile thing"...It's a new piece of electronic gear....same as when you get a new  tv,dvd player,computer... At first you keep looking for things and nothing works, but in a few months time you will be used to it and know all the little tricks wink

Message 93 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kind words, Thank you, but I've had the phone since last July and I know how to use it, but it's not doing what it should do, up until just before christmas I was sending picture texts and then it suddenly stopped sending them, why? and how do I put it right? thats all I want, instead of which I've been sent round and round in circles and I'm none the wiser for it.

Message 94 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

well so far we know mms works for other phones so the network seems fine, you had a sim swap so it shouldn't be the sim card, if I understood correctly you spoke to customer services and mms is active (provisioned) on your account. Is this correct?

If so, we are left with 2 suspects....phone settings or phone fault

Just out of curiosity, can you get on the internet ok?

Message 95 of 124

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Serious question here,
If you turn wifi off and mobile data on, what appears on the notification bar.
Message 96 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wi-Fi works ok till broadband drops out, due to area I'm in.

If I turn off Wi-Fi I sometimes get a G -with two little arrows- other times there's nothing.

Message 97 of 124

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
OK,turn off wifi, then go to settings, more, mobile networks, preferred network type.
Change it to "wcdma only"
Then give it 2 minutes, come back here and tell us how many bars you get up top and what letters are next to the signal meter.
Message 98 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not exactly the answer I've expected but I think I may know what is wrong... Is the Wi-fi on when u trying to send the mms? Because if it is that is the problem! MMs don't work over wi-fi...only mobile data ... That G- is not great though they may take a while to go but they should go....

Message 99 of 124

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Also, while on mobile network set to wcdma only,
Go to settings, about phone, status.
Tell us what it says under "signal strength" and what it says under "service state"
Message 100 of 124