cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s2 stuck on start up loop

Anonymous
Not applicable
My samsung galaxy s2 now won't turn on and ets stuck on the start up screen. I can't get my pictures off and I'm worried sending it to O2 will lose all this data as I have a feeling they'll just wipe it and send me a new phone. Any advice?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Do you get any response connecting to Kies? If you have a google account, contacts should be backed up automatically. Not too sure about your photos though.

Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can O2 do data recovery? Or should I just brave it and factory rest? Have I lost them?
Message 12 of 26

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have never backed up you will just have to bite the bullet I'm afraid. O2 won't recover any data. If nothing is happening and you can't get into the phone when connected to your PC then I'm not sure there is any way to save your files.

Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any programmes which will help other than kies? As kies doesn't work brilliantly on my mac
Message 14 of 26

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Data loss will depend on which firmware you are running. If ICS you will be OK as the personal data is partioned off separately, but if on Jelly Bean you may loose everything. You have no option but to do a factory reset as it's the only chance you have of starting the phone. Even writing new firmware will erase your data so you've nothing to loose except reset (and maybe your data)......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is ics an update? As it never let me update it on kies so have the original firmware on.
Message 16 of 26

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Depends on when you had the phone, some early ones came with Gingerbread on them, anything after March 2012 should have come with ICS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the sd card wiped? As when on reboot page I can look and see the camera folder is still there on the black and blue screen
Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, it shouldn't be touched.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
So on the reboot screen where is says install update from sd card and when I press that I can see the folders which usually had my pics in etc when I do a factory reset they will def still be there?
Message 20 of 26