cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One microphone issue on calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've been having a problem with my HTC One I picked up from O2 at the end of last month. When I call someone or pick up a call they can't always hear me. If I place the call on loud speaker or the hands free kit then it's fine. I thought it may have been the case that caused the problem as it does cover the mic hole at the bottom of the phone but the problem persists with the case removed. I can talk to others every now and again after I switch from loud speaker back to hand set but not always. I've looked online and it seems that others also have this issue but no solution yet, any help on this would be appreciated. I will have to go to the O2 store eventually if I can't fix this, not looking forward to setting up all my apps and such again slight_frown

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like the phone may be faulty if you take it back back everything up first and insist on a new handset don't let them send it for repair

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like the phone may be faulty if you take it back back everything up first and insist on a new handset don't let them send it for repair
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, this may be my only option. I've already backed up the phone via the HTC client on my pc, I hear that apps do not get backed up though. I might look for an alternative tool to back up one that does not require me to root the phone would be nice.
Anyway I'll call O2 when I get the time, will post any info I have on the problem in case anyone else had the issue.
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on hope you get it sorted slight_smile
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any apps that you've downloaded from the play store will be listed under 'my apps' (from the main menu) then swipe to the left for 'all'

Had no problems with calls on my One so it definitely sounds like the handset is faulty - hope you get it sorted!

Message 5 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
How are you getting on Ezera?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I spoke to an O2 rep on the phone, I was told that it was not a known issue and that I should visit a local store. I headed in to the O2 store during my lunch break, an O2 guru ran some tests on my phone, it seemed that for the first 5 seconds or so of some calls the mic would not pick up my voice. When the problem popped up I was pretty sure I attempted to talk for about 20-30 secs. Anyway, they replaced the phone for me as it was purchased under 28 days ago. I did make a schoolboy error though, I backed up my contacts on my phone storage and not on google...the new contacts added since I got the phone were all on google but not the others. I luckily had an iPhone backup and used the HTC Sync Manager to import the contacts to the new phone, unfortunately the link option to merge my contacts together no longer works with the imported contacts. I know there have been some trouble with imported contacts so I'll probably end up putting them all in one by one, will have to make sure I back everything up properly this time. Anyhow, thanks for all your suggestions slight_smile

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for coming back and letting us know slight_smile
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased an HTC One o 13th April only to find that people have a serious problem hearing me when I receive or make calls.  It has nothing to do with the network and believe it's definitely an issue with the phone.  I've been told that I sound very very faint and like others have said on the forum, have to shout loudly to be heard or connect the handsfree and then there's no problem.  How can you have a phone that only works with a handsfree connection?  It got so frustrated and ended up going back to the shop I purchased from and they swapped it for me for a brand new one.  However, with the new phone, the problem still persists....unless I connect the handsfree, I cannot be heard!!!  This is extremely annoying as I do not always want to use the handsfree and more importantly, should not have to in order to have a decent conversation!  This is clearly a big problem which I think HTC and the networks should be honest enough to admit rather than making excuses that it's a network problem.  I am loathed to return the phone for a 3rd time and set up the handset as I want it once again, but I think I may have to.  I gave the phone the benefit of the doubt by returning it and getting a new one....but to go through this again for a 3rd time is absolutely ridiculous!  As much as I like this phone and it's design, I really want to be rid of it now but am out of 14 day cool off period whereby I could return it.  With a fault like this, am I just going to have to keep returning the phone and hope that the next I receive is without issues?  What does o2 suggest and will they admit there is a problem with the HTC One!  I believe there should be a recall until HTC have rectified the problem which there clearly is!  Not happy!!!! Cat Sad

Message 9 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Quite an aggressive post, albeit I understand your frustration. If it's a faulty batch of microphones you would be better off getting the mic replaced in your phone rather than changing phones again as if from the same batch the problem will be repeated again. It's not down to O2 to admit anything. They have acknowledged an issue and have replaced the phone for you. I suggest you get it repaired next time which means it will be tested and returned working to you and avoid any further frustrations.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 18