cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Mini S III Galaxy Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded to a monthly contract on Thursday 20 February, 2014.  I received a new phone and my contract is 300min, Unlimited Texts and 750mb data.  Only a few days into the contract I was notified that I had used 80% of my data which I found unbelievable.  I was advised to use wifi which I immediately switched to and have been on it since. 

Now the wifi connections are playing up and dropping out continuously and so I tried to change back to use some of my remaining 20% data but my phone is not registering on the network and I've tried sending ACTIVE texts to 2020 with no joy.  Now I've found that I only have 29mb of data left and yet I've been on wifi continously since the 80% warning.  In any case I cannot connect to the internet or use the phone out or in calls. 

So I'm left wondering if I've been stung by my upgrading because I didn't have these problems before with my old Xperia.  One of the reasons I upgraded was to get more data, I got 250mb more but I still can't believe that I've nearly exceeded that with 3 weeks to go to my next 750mb.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I don't think so. As your phone is new you may have had mobile data switched on all the time and it was updating apps without you knowing. When you're back up and running, just make sure you have data switched off in settings until you need it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Smartphones use data in the back ground to update apps etc.

Your wifi should not be dropping out.

Try a soft or hard reset. Do a back up tho as a hard reset can delete saved data.

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-hard-reset.html

I would give O2 a call in 202 to check your account and check your service status to ensure your masts are ok. Check what's being using your data in the phones settings or download one of the apps in google play that can track data usage.

Settings > Data Usage

http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 2 of 24

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

A diagnostic way to look at this would be. Swipe down the control panel and turn of data. Turn on Wi-Fi and do a normal activity. 

It might be worth it to select the Wi-Fi SSID (name) and choose to forget it, scan it for it again and retype the password. This would ensure the your mobile is linked with the Wi-Fi location or least determine if it's a problem. If the signal strength was less than say 36Mbmps then this would indicate a problem with the WI-Fi broadcast (the router itself or signal strength within the boundaries  you are using it within).

I hope this helps......translations are available on request.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Are you saying that the phone is failing to make calls & texts too as well as not receiving data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 24

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Not having, or not being able to use data or WiFi should have no bearing on your ability to make calls or send texts.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I keep getting the message "Not Rgistered on Network".

Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I did that and my wifi seems to be working OK now.

After forgetting it and re-scanning I re-entered the wifi PW for my hub and fingers crossed it's working.

Ta very much.

Just need to sort the phone calls out now...

Message 7 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check your network status http://status.o2.co.uk/
Remove and replace your sim card etc.
If still no good call CS to check your account is set up OK.
Are you in the middle of a sim swap by any chance?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5, I've just switched off my phone and switched on again and I got the message, "SIM card crash - Check your SIM card or contact CS.

Message 9 of 24

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Your sim card has obviously failed. If you can get to an O2 store in the morning they will give you a new card and do a swap for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 24