cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Mini S III Galaxy Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded to a monthly contract on Thursday 20 February, 2014.  I received a new phone and my contract is 300min, Unlimited Texts and 750mb data.  Only a few days into the contract I was notified that I had used 80% of my data which I found unbelievable.  I was advised to use wifi which I immediately switched to and have been on it since. 

Now the wifi connections are playing up and dropping out continuously and so I tried to change back to use some of my remaining 20% data but my phone is not registering on the network and I've tried sending ACTIVE texts to 2020 with no joy.  Now I've found that I only have 29mb of data left and yet I've been on wifi continously since the 80% warning.  In any case I cannot connect to the internet or use the phone out or in calls. 

So I'm left wondering if I've been stung by my upgrading because I didn't have these problems before with my old Xperia.  One of the reasons I upgraded was to get more data, I got 250mb more but I still can't believe that I've nearly exceeded that with 3 weeks to go to my next 750mb.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147276 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions
As long as you can pass the security questions in store you should be able to get them to do the sim swap for you - That's all I've ever done in the past.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Photo i.d to pick up a blank sim card !

They are free and ive picked up quite a few of these from my local o2 shop although the big difference is ive always performed the swap at home using the link.

Now I can understand them wanting you to prove who you are when performing the swap instore to protect the account.

Did you ask the employee what else you could provide to pass the check ?

The way that a sim swap works is that a code is sent to your old sim card in a phone to use the code to instigate the swap. 

If thats not possible for whatever reason then the store/cs are able to instigate the swap remotley without having to use the code method.

I believe you would have had 7 days to fully cancel the contract.

No, I didn't ask the employee if there was anything else to provide as evidence as they seemed adamant that it had to be drivers licence or passport.

I answered the required security questions etc. I was expecting them to give me a new SIM to replace the faulty one, but they didn't.

It's true there is 7 days to cancel the contract but if the goods are faulty which this is then it comes under the Sales of Goods Act, surely. As I understand it goods are deemed faulty if it comes with a service such as a mobile phone.  I have tried to get help with the issue and I understand they are protecting my account, but I am being told one thing when I contact CS and then another when I visit the store.

Message 22 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I certainly feel your frustration and understandably so.

Perhaps go to another member of staff and simply ask for a blank contract SIM card and start again with them or visit another O2 shop maybe.

02's policy on faulty.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
Message 23 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
As long as you can pass the security questions in store you should be able to get them to do the sim swap for you - That's all I've ever done in the past.

That's what CS were explaining to me this morning when I rang them.

I could go back to the 02 store tomorrow and probably have the same outcome. In the meantime I have been unable to use my phone since Saturday and seem to be stuck in a hole.

Message 24 of 24