cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Mini S III Galaxy Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded to a monthly contract on Thursday 20 February, 2014.  I received a new phone and my contract is 300min, Unlimited Texts and 750mb data.  Only a few days into the contract I was notified that I had used 80% of my data which I found unbelievable.  I was advised to use wifi which I immediately switched to and have been on it since. 

Now the wifi connections are playing up and dropping out continuously and so I tried to change back to use some of my remaining 20% data but my phone is not registering on the network and I've tried sending ACTIVE texts to 2020 with no joy.  Now I've found that I only have 29mb of data left and yet I've been on wifi continously since the 80% warning.  In any case I cannot connect to the internet or use the phone out or in calls. 

So I'm left wondering if I've been stung by my upgrading because I didn't have these problems before with my old Xperia.  One of the reasons I upgraded was to get more data, I got 250mb more but I still can't believe that I've nearly exceeded that with 3 weeks to go to my next 750mb.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that Bambino. 

Do you think that the failed SIM may have had anything to do with using up my data so quickly?

Message 11 of 24

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23570 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

I don't think so. As your phone is new you may have had mobile data switched on all the time and it was updating apps without you knowing. When you're back up and running, just make sure you have data switched off in settings until you need it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 24

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Another thing you can do is, go into the Play settings and turn off automatic updating for applications. In the Data Usage settings near the bottom, should be an option to disable background data. One other option is to set a warning level on the graph, so you can manage your data better.

If you can, get yourself a data tariff as this will reduce the headache of going over your allotted bandwidth.

Good luck.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the helpful replies guys, I really appreciate it.

I must be a bit more attentive when it comes to watching my data. I will go into my local 02 store today and get my SIM card sorted.

Many thanks again!

Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

A sim swap can take upto 24hours to fully settle but is generally faster.

Keep turning your phone off and in to help the re connection.

Take care.
Message 15 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147276 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that Bambino. 

Do you think that the failed SIM may have had anything to do with using up my data so quickly?

Yes, it can have an effect - I had this with an EE sim that failed.

The month before I used an astonishing amount of data (an impossible to use amount) and also goot some robotic voice break up on calls.

I called EE and they sent me a new sim but before it arrived my sim failed completely.

New sim fitted and normal service was resumed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 24

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23570 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that Bambino. 

Yes, it can have an effect - I had this with an EE sim that failed.

The month before I used an astonishing amount of data (an impossible to use amount) and also goot some robotic voice break up on calls.

I called EE and they sent me a new sim but before it arrived my sim failed completely.

New sim fitted and normal service was resumed.

If that's the case, then once the OP gets a new sim and has his number swapped, apart from now keeping an eye on his data usage, he should ask for his data allowance that was lost to be restored, if the sim was faulty.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147276 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions
If it reverts to normal it's worth asking although that month will have passed by. If they have to pay extra for an additional bolt on to get through the month it would be worth seeking a refund on this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I've ran into even bigger problems.

I popped into my local store on Monday and after explaining the problem they rang CS and passed the phone to me, whereupon I waited about 10 minutes to get connected.  I explained my problem again and the CS advisor asked me to put the member of staff on.  I was then asked if I had any photo ID, I didn't.  They said that I should contact CS when I got home from my landline number.  I rang CS this morning, they tried everything to get my phone reactivated but to no avail.  They said they couldn't understand why the staff in the 02 store hadn't sorted it and replaced the faulty SIM.  They said I could either have a new SIM sent out - which would take three working days to deliver - or pop back into the store and they would replace it this time.

Well, I went back to the store today and the member of staff tried to get a new code sent through to my phomne but was unsuccessful.  He then rang CS and after explaning the problem yet again, he handed the phone to me and I explained the situation yet again to CS and they said that I needed photo ID and a bank card, I informed them that I neither had a drivers licence or current passport to which they said that they could only send a SIM card out which would take three working days.  I said that my phone hadn't been working since Saturday and it was vital for my needs, I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm a support worker.  They said they couldn't do anything about it. 

I said that I would have to close the account because they couldn't provide me a service, they said it was too late to cancel.  I have gone from being a very happy customer with 02 on my old PAYG tariff to being uterly disappointed.  In addition, my old PAYG tariff balance seems not to have been added to my new account, I was only 8 days into my monthly allowance of 150min, 1000 texts and 500mb data and that has disappeared.

I'm really frustrated with the whole matter and how I wish I hadn't answered the cold call from 02 two weeks ago offering me an upgrade.

Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, I've ran into even bigger problems.

I popped into my local store on Monday and after explaining the problem they rang CS and passed the phone to me, whereupon I waited about 10 minutes to get connected.  I explained my problem again and the CS advisor asked me to put the member of staff on.  I was then asked if I had any photo ID, I didn't.  They said that I should contact CS when I got home from my landline number.  I rang CS this morning, they tried everything to get my phone reactivated but to no avail.  They said they couldn't understand why the staff in the 02 store hadn't sorted it and replaced the faulty SIM.  They said I could either have a new SIM sent out - which would take three working days to deliver - or pop back into the store and they would replace it this time.

Well, I went back to the store today and the member of staff tried to get a new code sent through to my phomne but was unsuccessful.  He then rang CS and after explaning the problem yet again, he handed the phone to me and I explained the situation yet again to CS and they said that I needed photo ID and a bank card, I informed them that I neither had a drivers licence or current passport to which they said that they could only send a SIM card out which would take three working days.  I said that my phone hadn't been working since Saturday and it was vital for my needs, I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm a support worker.  They said they couldn't do anything about it. 

I said that I would have to close the account because they couldn't provide me a service, they said it was too late to cancel.  I have gone from being a very happy customer with 02 on my old PAYG tariff to being uterly disappointed.  In addition, my old PAYG tariff balance seems not to have been added to my new account, I was only 8 days into my monthly allowance of 150min, 1000 texts and 500mb data and that has disappeared.

I'm really frustrated with the whole matter and how I wish I hadn't answered the cold call from 02 two weeks ago offering me an upgrade.

Photo i.d to pick up a blank sim card !

They are free and ive picked up quite a few of these from my local o2 shop although the big difference is ive always performed the swap at home using the link.

Now I can understand them wanting you to prove who you are when performing the swap instore to protect the account.

Did you ask the employee what else you could provide to pass the check ?

The way that a sim swap works is that a code is sent to your old sim card in a phone to use the code to instigate the swap. 

If thats not possible for whatever reason then the store/cs are able to instigate the swap remotley without having to use the code method.

I believe you would have had 7 days to fully cancel the contract.

Message 20 of 24