cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 not receiving texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have just transferred over to O2 just over a month ago and having been using the S3 with no problems until a few days ago where I stopped receiving texts. I can send and receive calls, send texts but not receive texts.

I have tried;

Resetting phone

Battery removal

Logging off O2 network and reinstating

Updating software

Resetting message centre

Switched SIMs instore (and waited 24hrs for second SIM)

Tried the SIM in another phone (iphone - still doesn't receive so not a handset issue)

I am now on a third SIM and have been asked to wait another 24hrs.

Unless the shop has an entire batch of faulty SIMs.....what else can I do (before the next 24hr wait that may not work either)?

Frustrated!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nothing else you can try as you have identified it as a SIM issue, unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nothing else you can try as you have identified it as a SIM issue, unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Seems to be sim or account related for definite. If this new sim doesn't fix the problem O2 will have to look at deleting your mail profile and setting it up again.

Message 3 of 3