cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Ace Battery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My phone is left charging overnight. For the last few days, the charge seems to only last for a very short time before saying 'connect to charger'. I turn it off and attach to charger, and it's showing at least 2/3rds charged. Turn it on again, battery symbol at the top shows empty and the 'connect to charger' message comes up again. Any ideas please as this is obviously unusable.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It would appear that either the phone or battery is faulty in this case. It is under warranty so needs to go back to O2 or Samsung for repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It might be the chip that is out of calibration. The battery will be charged but the phone not showing it. You should run the battery down until it turns off by itself, then with phone still off recharge fully using a wall charger. When the battery is fully charged take the battery out for about 5 mins. Then replace it and turn on. This should reset the chip so it knows where full and empty is on the battery.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5

Thanks, I have tried this, just the same, it's shut down again. Getting very annoyed with it now 😞
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It would appear that either the phone or battery is faulty in this case. It is under warranty so needs to go back to O2 or Samsung for repair.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4