cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 Edge, Apps keep opening by themselves, keeps going into flight mode

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with my S6 whereby very often when I take it out of my pocket there will be Apps running or it will have gone into Flight Mode on it's own, I'm always careful to press the power button to lock the screen when I've finished what I'm doing, is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening?

T.I.A.

Ron

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried turning it on & off to see if that clears it?

Have you tried closing the apps?
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Do you use a PIN to lock the screen?
This will prevent inadvertent pocket button pressing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I always close everything down to my home screen before I lock and I use a pin to unlock, it's weird!!

I'm constantly turning the phone on and off to try a clear the lag that occurs wink

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Shouldn't be lagging at all.
When did this start and was it at the same time that you installed a new app or something?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I have a similar problem that when I have entered the pin to unlock I very oftern get a pop up asking which browser to use to continue. Not a big problem but annoying nonetheless. ...

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I've been using the phone for a while everything seems to slow down, even switching between screens or opening an app or something and if I restart my phone it makes it smooth and fast again for a while. It's been like it since I had it, I've seen people say similar on other android forums etc.

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
What version of lollipop are you on?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

5.1.1 Actually I haven't noticed it being so bad since I done a hard reset as you suggested last week but sometimes the wifi seems very slow even if I just go upstairs and if I go to my workshop in the garden, approx 60ft, it will switch to data - my HTC One seemed to have a stronger wifi reception.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I was thinking it might have been the Lollipop memory leak issue but that was fixed on 5.1 so it really shouldn't slow down now unless you have an app that is pulling too much mem.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13