cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and data keep turning themselves on

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a new O2 SIM for my existing handset yesterday (previous one was also o2). Ever since, the wifi and data keep turning themselves on, even in flight mode. I toggle them off (either through the swipe down menu or settings) then they're both back on about 2 seconds later. I've uninstalled my battery saver app as that had access to change my settings, but it's not helped. Never had this issue before and when I tried my old sim again just now (which I can't stick with as it has other issues) I didn't have the problem. Spoke to Samsung but they had no idea. Has anyone had the same issue or any ideas? It's killing my battery life so keen to fix it asap
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
No way a sim can do that as far as I know.
What issues do you have with the old sim and have you sim swapped yet?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know - it's very odd but seems more than a coincidence. The old sim was showing I had phone signal but then not sending/receiving texts properly and not receiving calls - o2 looked into it and recommended a new sim
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
OK, so the new sim has been activated now and your number transferred across to it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes exactly
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
All I can suggest is you do another sim swap if you are sure there is nothing else on your phone that's doing it.
Message 6 of 6